KUMHO CONSUMER WARRANTY FOR PASSENGER AND LIGHT TRUCK TIRES
I. WHAT IS WARRANTED AND WHO IS ELIGIBLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY
Kumho Tire U.S.A. Inc, warrants to the original consumer purchaser that all KUMHO replacement radial tires either directly or through an authorized KUMHO dealer, and which are mounted on cars within the U.S.A., and becomes unserviceable for any reason within the manufacturers control, such tire will be replaced with an equivalent KUMHO tire.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE WARRANTY AND HOW LONG:
Should any tire manufactured by Kumho Tire Co., Inc. covered by this warranty become unserviceable due to a material or workmanship condition during its useable tread life (more than 2/32" remaining tread) before 6 years from the date of manufacture or purchase date supported with proof of purchase for every passenger and light truck tire (whichever comes first), and before 5 years (6 years for KLS02e, KLD01e, and KLT02e patterns) from the date of manufacture or purchase date for commercial truck tires (whichever comes first), KUMHO will do either of the following:
- During the first 2/32" of the original usable tread, Kumho will replace such tire with a comparable new KUMHO or Marshal tire free of charge. Applicable taxes on the new tire and costs of mounting and balancing and any other service charges are payable by the owner.
- After the first 2/32" of the original usable tread, a credit percentage will be given toward the purchase price of a comparable new Kumho or Marshal tire effective at the time of adjustment. Applicable taxes on the new tire and costs of mounting and balancing service are payable by the owner. To obtain the credit percentage, please refer to Adjustment Credit Percentage Table or utilize the following example: R.T.D.: Remaining Tread Depth; O.T.D.: Original Tread Depth
If R.T.D. = 5 and O.T.D. = 10, the calculation is (5 – 2 : remaining usable tread depth) ÷ (10 – 2 : original useable tread depth) = 38%
- Temporary Spare Tire. During the first 1/32" of the original usable tread, Kumho will replace such temporary tire with a comparable new Kumho temporary tire free of charge. After the first 1/32" of the original usable tread, but less than 2/32", a credit of 50% towards a comparable new Kumho temporary tire will be given. Applicable taxes and costs of mounting and balancing and any other service charges are payable by the owner.
- Adjustment on ride complaint or out-of-round is allowed only during the first 2/32" of the original tread depth.
The authorized KUMHO or Marshal dealer will determine the adjustment cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current KUMHO or Marshal dealer’s price list in effect at the time of adjustment.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY:
- This limited warranty is applicable only in the United States, and any tires used or equipped on a vehicle registered or operated outside the U.S. are not covered by this warranty.
- Tires branded or marked "Non-Adjustable" (NA) or Blemished (Blem) or DOT/Serial numbers previously cut will not be adjusted.
- Any tire worn beyond the wear bars (less than 2/32" remaining tread).
- The cost of applicable taxes and mounting and balancing and any other service charges.
- Tire damage or irregular wear due to: Road hazard, including puncture, cut, impact break, bulge, snag, stone drill, collision; Continued use while run flat or under acute under-inflation; Improper use or operation, without limitation, improper inflation pressure, overloading, use of an improper rim, tire/wheel assembly imbalance or other vehicle condition, worn suspension components, improper mounting or de-mounting, misuse, misapplication, fire or other externally generated heat, water or other material trapped inside the tire during mounting, tire alteration, racing or competition purposes, improper inserting of sealant, balance or filler materials; Improper repair, or with repairs not conforming to the Rubber Manufacturers Association standards, or with section repairs, or with self-vulcanizing plug only; Failure to rotate the tire at least every 5,000 miles as evidenced by Kumho’s Mileage Warranty/Tire Rotation Card, or vehicle misalignment; Uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as misalignment, (a measured tread difference of 2/32nds of an inch or more across the tread on the same tire).
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years from the date of manufacture.
- Tires that have been recapped, or retreaded, regrooved.
- Ride disturbance (out-of-round, vibration, pulling, etc.) claims submitted after the first 2/32" of tread wear.
- Loss of time, or use, inconvenience, or any incidental or consequential damage.
- Tires that have been modified by the addition or removal of material or any tire intentionally altered to change its appearance.
- Tires unserviceability caused by the tire operation in excess of tire/wheel manufacturers specifications and recommendations.
- Tires that are misapplied due to insufficient speed rating, or undersized, or oversized tires.
- Tires that have become unserviceable because chemical corrosion, vandalism, chains and flat spotting.
- Tires involved in any racing-related activities.
- This limited warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.
In order to be eligible for KUMHO’s limited warranty program, the owner must:
- Conform to all pertaining policies detailed herein
- Present tire to any authorized KUMHO dealer for inspection along with a copy of their original purchase receipt. Dealer will inspect tire in order to identify whether or not it qualifies for warranty based on the policies detailed herein.
- Pay the amounts due on a new tire, less the amount of credit, including taxes, mounting and balancing charges and/or the cost of other services ordered.
This limited warranty gives the owner of KUMHO tires specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
II. LIMITED TREAD WEAR WARRANTY
Neither Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc., nor any other tire manufacturer, can guarantee you’ll receive a certain number of miles from any given tire. Driving habits, driving conditions, road conditions and vehicle maintenance all play a vital role in the tread life of a tire. However, if a tire does not reach the warranted mileage, and the original owner of the tires has complied with the terms and conditions of the Limited Tread Wear Warranty, KUMHO will replace the tires as follows:
- If tread has worn down to the tread wear indicators (2/32nds tread depth) within 72 months from the date of purchase (or manufacturer) or does not deliver the warranted miles of normal passenger use, whichever comes first, Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc. will make an allowance for unused service towards a comparable new tire, pro-rated on warranted miles.
- The replacement allowance will be calculated by percentage of the warranted miles not received multiplied to the predetermined adjustment price of the tire at the time and place of the adjustment.
- For original equipment tires on new vehicles, please reference separate warranty brochure in your vehicle’s glove box.
ELIGIBILITY FOR LIMITED TREAD WEAR WARRANTY:
- To make a claim, the owner must present the original customer copy of KUMHO’s Mileage Warranty Card (click link), which records the date of purchase, name of purchaser, original mileage and identification of the vehicle to an authorized KUMHO dealer.
- This limited tread wear warranty applies only to the original owner and is non-transferable.
- Applicable taxes and costs of mounting and balancing and any other service charges are payable by the owner.
- The owner must rotate the tires every 5,000 miles.
- The following are exclusions to the Limited Tread Wear Warranty: Tires branded "NA", "Blem", etc.; Tires exhibiting uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as misalignment, (a measured tread difference of 2/32nds of an inch or more across the tread on the same tire); Tires worn-out or damaged due to: Improper inflation, improper mounting, uneven wear, overloading or off-road driving, run flat or racing, accident, fire or chemicals, use on RV or commercial vehicle, vandalism or gross abuse, defective mechanical condition of vehicle, road hazard damage (e.g., irreparable cut, puncture, snag, bruise or impact break) and lack of tire rotation; Original equipment tires on new vehicles.
- For staggered/split fitment applications (different size tires on the front and rear axles), Kumho Tire will cover half the number of miles of the standard mileage warranty since these tires cannot be rotated as recommended by Kumho
III. ROAD HAZARD PROTECTION
Every Ecsta LE Sport (KU39), Ecsta SPT (KU31), Ecsta LX Platinum (KU27), Ecsta 4X II (KU22-II), Solus TA31, Solus KR21, Solus TA11 (Available 3rd Quarter 2015) steel belted radial passenger tire that has been irreparably damaged due to a normal road hazard conditions (e.g., irreparable cut, puncture, snag, bruise or impact break) within the first 2/32" of the original tread depth (O.T.D.) and within 12 months from the date of purchase, will be replaced free of charge with an equivalent KUMHO tire. To be eligible, you must present your original invoice showing date of purchase. Tires not within 2/32" of the O.T.D. will not be issued a pro-rated credit. Tires that reflect damage due to continued run flat or acute under-inflation are excluded
IV. 30-DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEED TRIAL WARRANTY
Kumho Tire’s 30-Day Satisfaction Guaranteed Trial Warranty covers a complete set of four (4) Road Venture AT51 and Solus TA71 tires. If for whatever reason you aren’t completely satisfied with your eligible tires, simply return them to the dealer where they were purchased for replacement.
Limitations and Requirements:
- This trial warranty only applies to the original purchaser of a set of four eligible (4) tires returned within 30 days from the date of purchase and is non-transferable; any return of less than a full set of tires will not be accepted. Original purchaser must present their original sales receipt/invoice to their selling dealer at the time of replacement.
- Tires must be returned undamaged. Tires exhibiting road hazard, mounting damage, vehicle mechanical-related problems, repairs, improper inflation, vandalism, run flat, racing or any tires removed from the original vehicle are excluded from this trial warranty.
- Original purchaser pays the amounts due on a new replacement tire, less the amount of credit, including applicable taxes, mounting and balancing charges and/or the cost of other services ordered.
- Tires measuring more than 1/32" of tread wear from original tread depth are excluded from trial warranty.
V. NEW ON REAR/ROTATION RECOMMENDATION
- Replacement of two tires: Kumho Tire recommends replacing all four tires at the same time. However, when only two tires are replaced, the new tires should be put on the rear. The newer tires, with deeper tread, may provide better grip and water evacuation in wet driving conditions.
- Tire Rotations: Owners must continue to rotate tires in accordance to their vehicle owner's manual or every 5,000 miles. Side-to-side rotation on "new on rear; two-tire replacements" fitments will be acceptable.
VI. CASING CREDIT
- Casing of KUMHO radial commercial truck tires are warranted to remain serviceable through the second retreaded life for 66 months from the date of manufacture.
- KLS02e, KLD01e, and KLT02e casing warranty is valid through the second retreaded life for 72 months from the date of manufacture.
- If an examination by KUMHO shows that a casing of a KUMHO radial truck tire delivers unsatisfactory service due to factors within the manufacturer’s control, KUMHO will give a credit toward the purchase price of a comparable new KUMHO tire.
- Radial truck tires used in mining service are not eligible under this program.
VII. REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
If you receive a replacement tire under this warranty, it will be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and the supplemental limited mileage warranty that Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc., than gives on that tire.
THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY GIVEN BY KUMHO APPLICABLE TO KUMHO/MARSHAL REPLACEMENT TIRES. KUMHO DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
KUMHO DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSONS, INCLUDING AUTHORIZED DEALERS TO CHANGE THIS WARRANTY OR CREATE ANY OTHER OBLIGATION IN CONNECTION WITH KUMHO/MARSHAL TIRES. KUMHO WILL NOT DO ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY IF A DEFECT IS FOUND TO EXIST IN A KUMHO/MARSHAL REPLACEMENT RADIAL TIRE. ALL OTHER REMEDIES ARE EXCLUDED, INCLUDING ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY ON THE PART OF KUMHO FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OF CAR. LOSS OF TIME OR INCONVENIENCE) ARISING OUT OF A DEFECT.
THE REMEDIES SET FORTH IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.