ProComp Cross Drilled Front Brake Kit (BKSB040-621CCURP) by KSport®. Specifications: 304mm (12") Cross Drilled 2-Pc Rotors, 6 Piston Custom Color Calipers with Race Pads. This is a complete brake upgrade kit designed to enhance braking power under sustained high-heat conditions. Includes replacement calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines, and related hardware. All calipers feature 1-piece construction from a solid billet of aircraft grade aluminum for light weight, unparalleled strength and freedom from corrosion along with aluminum pistons that provide better heat resistance and uncompromised operation.
- KSport's standard brake upgrade kit that includes replacement calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines, and related hardware
- All components are designed for bolt-on replacement without modifications
- All calipers feature 1-piece construction from a solid billet of aluminum for light weight and unparalleled strength
- Opposed-piston caliper design greatly improves pad grip and reduces uneven wear
- Aluminum caliper pistons provide freedom from corrosion, better heat resistance, and lighter weight
- Reinforced carbon steel caliper brackets allow these larger-than-OEM size calipers to bolt directly on to existing mounting points
- All rotors feature 2-piece design with an aluminum center for lower rotational mass, quicker braking response, and shorter stopping distances
- 2-piece design greatly reduces chance of rotor warpage through less restricted expansion/contraction of outer iron section
- All caliper seals are heavy duty for sustained high-temperature racetrack use
- Stainless steel brake lines prevent expansion under high temperatures and pressures for faster pedal response
- Drilled rotors are recommended for daily street use and feature holes in rotor surface to wipe away heat, dust, and gases
- For street use, choose Street pads with long-lasting, low-dust ceramic compound
- For track-only use, choose Race pads with heavy-duty carbon metallic construction for best bite
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Drilled rotors improve the appearance of your wheels and provide reduced rotor weight
- 2-Piece rotors offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation compared to 1-piece rotors
- Floating rotor design provides better contact of rotor blade and pad
- Vented type of rotors offer much faster heat dissipation
- Multi-piston calipers provide clamping force on both sides of the rotor at the same time and uniformly transfer braking force to the brake pads
- Caliper pistons are hollow to save weight
- Aluminum caliper body allows for exceptional light weight (up to 40% of weight savings) and ensures superior corrosion resistance
- Caliper heat-resistant coating prevent cracking and fading
KSport offers sophisticated bolt-on brake upgrade kits with ProComp packages that require no vehicle modifications to install. If you're looking to thoroughly revamp your brake system with all-new components which provide serious stopping power that doesn't fade under hard use the way OEM equipment does, ProComp kits offer choices tailored for your intended use. No matter which one you select, you'll get the benefits of decades of racetrack experience and engineering from KSport. All brake calipers are cut from one block of aluminum rather than being cast or welded together. This provides perfectly even thicknesses and strength over every part of the caliper block to eliminate weak spots which lead to fracturing, warpage, and failure over time. To build on the weight-reducing characteristics of the calipers, caliper pistons are also made from aluminum and protected with heavy-duty seals designed to handle racetrack temperatures. Better heat transferrance ensures pistons slide smoothly and evenly without drag, and aluminum construction ensures caliper operation remains uncompromised by corrosion over time. Additionally, an opposed-piston design ensures brake pad grip and wear remain consistent on both sides of the rotor.
All rotors are a 2-piece design to provide light weight, fade-free performance on the racetrack, effective grip during street racing and drifting, and comfortable, easy-to-use operation under normal driving conditions. Lightweight center sections crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum give you the benefit of lower rotational mass – making wheels easier to stop, and giving you the instant snap of brake response that's proper for high performance driving. Because the outer section of the 2-piece rotor can expand and contract independently from the center section, chances of the entire rotor warping due to heat buildup are greatly reduced. And since aluminum is a better conductor of heat, the center sections serve as effective heat sinks by passing heat away faster to the air and to the hub assembly. Combined, these two factors give them a much longer service life than traditional 1-piece rotors. For the serious racetrack driver that's mindful of avoiding temperature buildup which causes brake fluid boiling and pedal fade, KSport 13" and 14" rotors are available with a "full floating" design. Such a layout features an outer section designed to shift slightly as needed. Better self-centering in the caliper lowers brake drag and boosts performance through more even application.
Founded in 2003 in Arizona, KSport USA® Suspension Company has risen to prominence by producing high-performance suspension and brake system upgrades that provide winning results without breaking apart or breaking your wallet. The consistent high level of sophistication and quality KSport bakes into every product has earned them respect among all classes of racetrack drivers across the globe. As a premiere worldwide producer respected throughout the industry today, KSport has been recognized with TUV/ISO 9001:2008 certification for best business practices. CARiD is proud to offer the best values you’ll find on a full range of KSport coilovers, lowering springs, air suspension kits, control arms, brake upgrade packages, and much more designed to enhance performance and handling on the track and on the street.