Kia Motors America parts that were not installed by an authorized Kia representative are covered for 12 months from the date of purchase. Parts that were installed by an authorized Kia representative are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles from date of installation.
What the Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Any parts sold or distributed outside the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Parts with no applicable proof of purchase date, installation date, and vehicle mileage at time of installation.
- Any part wear due to normal use and exposure.
- Parts installed in vehicles for racing or competition.
- Any parts that are normal maintenance parts, which are replaced, cleaned or adjusted as normal owner maintenance, unless they are defective in material or factory workmanship.
- Parts installed in a car in which the odometer has been altered, or on which the actual mileage cannot be determined.
- Parts that are discontinued and no longer available through the manufacturer.
Kia Motor Co., Inc. will repair or replace, at its option, any genuine Kia part that is defective in materials or workmanship under normal use.
Parts that were sold and installed by an authorized Kia representative will be repaired or replaced without charge for parts or labor.
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act:
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) Learn More