LIMITED WARRANTY United States and Canada
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE?
You are eligible for the benefi ts of this limited warranty if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You are the owner or authorized agent of the owner of new Kelly medium radial truck tires.
- Your tires bear Department of Transportation (DOT) prescribed tire identifi cation numbers and are not branded “NA” (Not Adjustable).
- Your Kelly medium radial truck tires have been used only on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the
vehicle manufacturer’s or Kelly’s recommendations.
- Your tires were purchased on or after March 1, 2009.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG?
- FREE TIRE REPLACEMENT – Kelly medium radial truck tires covered by this warranty that become unserviceable due to a covered
warranty condition during the fi rst 2/32" (inch) treadwear or 12 months from date of purchase, whichever comes fi rst, will be replaced with a comparable new Kelly medium radial truck tire without charge. You pay only for the mounting and balancing. (Without proof of purchase, date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility.)
- PRORATED TIRE REPLACEMENT – Tires worn beyond the fi rst 2/32" (inch) treadwear that become unserviceable due to a covered warranty condition will be replaced on a prorated basis. You are responsible for mounting, balancing and any additional services you order at the time of adjustment, as well as any taxes and government-mandated charges.
HOW WILL THE PRORATED CHARGES BE CALCULATED?
The replacement price will be calculated by multiplying the current Kelly advertised selling price, at the adjustment location, by the
percentage of usable original tread that has been worn off at the time of adjustment. You pay for mounting, balancing, an amount equal
to the full current Federal Excise Tax (U.S. only) and any other applicable taxes for the comparable new Kelly replacement tire as well as any
If your disabled tire had an original 16/32" (inch) of usable tread depth and is worn to 8/32" (inch) of usable tread remaining, you have
used 50% and therefore must pay 50% of the advertised selling price of a comparable tire, plus an amount equal to the full current Federal
Excise Tax (U.S. only) applicable to the comparable new replacement tire at the time of adjustment. If the price of the comparable tire
is $400.00, the cost to you would be $200.00, plus Federal Excise Tax (U.S. only), mounting, balancing, any other applicable taxes and
WHAT IS A COMPARABLE TIRE?
A “comparable” new Kelly medium radial truck tire may either be the same line of tire or, in the event that the same tire is not available,
a tire of the same basic construction and quality with a diff erent sidewall or tread confi guration. If a higher priced tire is accepted as
replacement, the diff erence in price will be at an additional charge to you.
Any replacement tire provided pursuant to this warranty will be covered by the Kelly warranty in eff ect at the time of replacement.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
- Wear conditions or tire damage due to: road hazards (including punctures, cuts, snags, impact breaks, etc.), wreck, collision, fire, fast wear, irregular wear, heel and toe wear or other wear conditions.
- Improper infl ation, overloading, high-speed spinup, misapplication, misuse, negligence, racing, chain damage or improper mounting
- Mechanical condition of the vehicle.
- Chip/chunk conditions on tires intended for highway service.
- Ride disturbance after the fi rst 2/32" (inch) treadwear or due to damaged wheels or any vehicle condition.
- Any tire intentionally altered after leaving a factory producing Kelly tires to change its appearance (example: white inlay on a
- Tires with weather cracking which were purchased more than four (4) years prior to presentation for adjustment. If you have no proof
of purchase date, tires manufactured four (4) or more years prior to presentation are not covered.
- Material added to a tire after leaving a factory producing Kelly tires (examples: tire fi llers, sealants or balancing substances). If the added material is the cause of the tire being removed from service, the tire will not be adjusted.
- Tires removed from service due to improper repairs.
- Loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle, incidental or consequential damage.
Note: Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or
exclusions may not apply to you.
WHAT IS THE RADIAL MEDIUM TRUCK TIRE CASING PROVISION?
Kelly® medium radial truck tires will be warranted for covered conditions through the fi rst retread for a period of four (4) years from the
date of the casing DOT serial number or proof of purchase if available.
If retreaded by a Goodyear Authorized Retreader, casings will be warranted for covered conditions for an unlimited number of retreads for
a period of four (4) years from the date of the casing DOT serial number or proof of purchase, if available.
Casing values are based on the predetermined casing value at the time of adjustment. See your servicing Dealer for these values.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN YOUR TIRES WERE MANUFACTURED?
Tires with a DOT number ending with 0909 or greater were manufactured after 03/01/2009 (0909 refers to the 1st week of March 2009).
These tires are covered under the provisions of this warranty coverage.
WHEN DOES THE WARRANTY END?
Kelly medium radial truck tires have delivered the full original tread life and the new tire coverage of this warranty ends when the
treadwear indicators become visible or four (4) years from the date of original tire manufacture or new tire purchase date (whichever
occurs fi rst). Without proof of purchase, date of manufacture will be used to determine eligibility. Casings may continue to be warranted
beyond the new tire coverage. Please refer to the “WHAT IS THE RADIAL MEDIUM TRUCK TIRE CASING PROVISION?” section for warranty
details on casings.
HOW DO YOU OBTAIN AN ADJUSTMENT?
- You must present the tire to be adjusted to an authorized Kelly Commercial Tire Retailer. Please consult your telephone directory for locations. Tires replaced on an adjustment basis become the property of The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company or Goodyear Canada Inc.
- You must pay for taxes or any additional service you order at the time of adjustment.
- No claim will be recognized unless submitted on a Kelly claim form (supplied by a Kelly Commercial Tire Retailer) that is completely fi lled out and signed by you, the owner of the tire presented for adjustment, or your authorized agent.
WHAT ARE YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS?
This warranty gives you specifi c legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and province to province.
Note: No Representative or Dealer has authority to make any representation, promise or agreement on behalf of Kelly except as
stated herein. Any tire, no matter how well constructed, may fail in service or otherwise become unserviceable due to conditions beyond the control of
the manufacturer. Under no circumstances is this warranty a representation that a tire failure cannot occur.