Universal 10" Kappa Series 1400W 4 Ohm SVC Subwoofer by Infinity®, Sold as Unit. Whether you are a fan of jazz, classical, rock, or pop music, deep basses are what you need to experience a great feeling of excitement. The subwoofers are engineered to provide you with an absolutely clean bass output and long-term reliability.
|Frequency Response: 25Hz - 400Hz|
|Power Handling RMS: 350 Watts|
|Power Handling Peak: 1400 Watts|
|Impedance: 2 or 4 Ohms|
|Mounting Depth: 5-5/16"|
|Voice Coil Size: 2"|
- Woven Glass-Fiber Cone – This cone material is extremely stiff, minimizing cone flex; its rigidity results in the very low distortion and improved clarity that are Infinity trademarks.
- Vented Polepiece – Reduces air compression under the dust cap, minimizing mechanical noise, and provides more constant mechanical Q for reduced distortion
- Medium Q Design – Provides great performance in sealed, vented or band-pass enclosures. Kappa woofers can be ±30 percent of the recommended volume. Optimum vented boxes do not require superlong ports.
- Looking for a more moving audio experience? Take Infinity car audio for a ride. Innovative materials and breakthrough engineering have always put Infinity products out in front of the competition. So expect extreme output from Kappa subs, but be prepared for accuracy and detail that may simply blow you away. Infinity’s revolutionary new Kappa Series subwoofers deliver true low-distortion high-performance with one incredible feature, Infinity’s Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI) design.
- Unlike conventional dualimpedance woofers, which take the form of two voice coils that may be connected either in series or parallel (typically providing either 1 or 4 ohms or 2 or 8 ohms connectivity), the SSI design offers 2-ohm and 4-ohm selectability, thus providing the two most often used impedances from a single woofer. The SSI setting is made by means of a high-current, twoposition switch instead of two independent sets of terminals, greatly simplifying installation by making the Kappa woofers nearly impossible to wire incorrectly.
- Tested to Ensure They’ll Stand Up – Infinity subwoofers are tested according to the strictest and most demanding reliability-testing regimen ever designed for car-audio speakers. They are shaken, baked, frozen and dropped, all while they’re operating, and attempts are even made to destroy them with signals up to 10 times their rated power. When they’ve passed those tests, the subs are subjected to their RMS and peak power limits for 100 hours. Many competing subs are tested for only eight hours.
The Kappa Series builds in top Infinity engineering, from larger cones to lower impedance. Combined with high-quality materials like injected carbon glass, and smart design elements like pivoting tweeters, it’s the ultimate sound system for your car.
Infinity® is the science of sound on the move. The company was founded in 1968 as a unique blend of performance, technology, and design. Initially, it was an official manufacturer of loudspeakers. Today Infinity has grown to be a popular and trusted name in both car audio and home audio. Its world-class car audio equipment includes speakers, subwoofers, amplifiers, and a lot more so that customers can experience the highest quality sound and discover the performance that is hard to match.