M88 Handheld VHF Marine Transceiver (IC-M88) by Icom®. The M88 is compact and built tough to withstand hazardous and inhospitable environments at sea and on land. The JIS7 waterproof rating protects the radio, even if dropped in the water. Yacht customers prefer the M88 because of the 22 programmable land mobile channels, the optional swivel belt clip and the headset options. A push of a button changes the operating band between marine and land mobile channels.
|Frequency range: Tx: 156.025–157.425MHz, Rx: 156.050–163.275MHz, LMR; Tx/Rx: 146–174MHz|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)(Projections not included): 62x97x39 mm 2.44x3.82x1.54 in|
|Weight (approx.): 280g; 9.9oz (With BP-227)|
|Current drain: Transmit (High): 1.6A typical|
|Max. audio: 200mA typical|
|Power save: 20mA typical|
|Sensitivity (at 12dB SINAD): 0.25µV typical|
|Intermodulation rejection: 70dB typical|
|Audio output power (10% dist./ 8W load): 350mW typical|
|RF output power: 5/3/1W|
- Tough and waterproof: The IC-M88 is built tough to withstand hazardous environments. Even if it is dropped into water, its waterproof construction (Equivalent to IPX7. (1m depth/30min.)) will protect it from harm.
- Simple operation: The volume/power knob combines with 6 clearly labeled front panel buttons to maximize simplicity of operation. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night time operation easy.
- Li-Ion battery for long battery life: With the standard battery pack, the IC-M88 provides up to 15 hours of operating time. Also, no worries about 'memory effect' of the battery with Li-Ion technology. Tx:Rx:Stand-by= 5:5:90 with BP-227.
- 22 programmable channels: The IC-M88 has 22 programmable channels reserved for land use (146–174MHz). (Appropriate license will be required). Wide/narrow channel spacing is programmable for each channel, and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is built-in.
- Instant access to Ch.16 and Ch.9
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning
- Monitor button opens squelch
- Auto power save
- Key lock function
- 4-step battery indicator
- Auto WX alert function (U.S.A. version only)
- Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection
- The self check function checks internal temperature, connected battery voltage (over voltage detection), and water intrusion
Boating is a great way to relieve stress and leave all your troubles on land. Enjoy your time out on the water even more with this top-notch marine product. Whether you’re practicing your casts, exploring the amazing marine life with a snorkel, or just cruising on the open water for fun, you need to equip your vessel with the finest products to make sure nothing ruins your amazing recreational time. With CARiD you are covered from bow to stern, because we know exactly what you need to make your boating a breeze. This product will be great for all outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy traffic-free travel and wind in their hair. Made with durable materials, it will ensure a long-lasting performance for many exciting adventures to come.
Icom® has won more awards for their marine communications equipment than any other manufacturer. Commercial mariners and boating enthusiasts alike covet Icom marine radios for their legendary durability and ease of use. Icom`s marine equipment includes long range, ship-to-shore, single side-band (SSB) transceivers for worldwide communications and the best in shorter range VHF marine communications.