G.M.D.S.S. Radio by Icom®. The GM1600 Marine VHF handheld is designed for GMDSS compliant survival craft communications. The radio is engineered to survive and function in the extreme environmental conditions common in marine emergencies and brings the latest Search and Rescue technology to the marketplace.
|Frequency Range (Tx/Rx): 156.300–156.875MHz|
|Mode: FM (16K0G3E)|
|Power supply requirement: 7.5/7.2V DC nominal|
|Current drain (at 7.5/7.2V DC): Tx: 2W output: 1.0A : 1W output: 0.7A, Rx: AF max.: 200m|
|Operating temperature range: USA Version -20°C to °60°C; -4°F to +140°F. General Version -20°C to +55°C|
|Antenna Impedance: 50 Ohm (SMA fixed type)|
|Dimensions (WxHxD) (Projections not included): 65 x 145 x 44 mm; 2-9/16 x 5-23/32 (H) x 1-23/32 in|
|Weight (approx.): 385g; 13.6oz (with BP-234)|
|Transmitter Output power: 2W/1W (Hi/Low)|
|Max. frequency deviation: ±5.0kHz|
|Frequency Error: USA Version ±5.0ppm, General Version ±1.5kHz|
|Spurious emissions: USA Version -70dBc typical. General Version 0.25µW (30MHz–1GHz), 1.00µW (1GHz–2GHz)|
|Adjacent channel power: 70dB|
|FM Hum and noise ratio: 40dB|
|Audio harmonic distortion: Less than 10% (at 60% mod.)|
|Receiver Sensitivity: USA Version 0.25µV (at 12dB SINAD). General Version -2dBµ typ. (emf: 20dB SINAD)|
|Squelch sensitivity: USA Version 0.35µV typ. (at threshold). General Version 0dBµ typ. (emf: at threshold)|
|Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70dB|
|Spurious response: 70dB|
|Intermodulation Rejection: USA Version 70dB typ., General Version 68db|
|Hum and noise ratio: 40dB|
|Audio output power: USA Version 0.35W typ., General Version 0.2W|
|To comply with the requirements of GMDSS survival craft radio, the primary battery pack, BP-234, is required|
|Measurement made in accordance with TIA/EIA-603 and FCC part 80.271 for USA version. All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.|
|Supplied Accessories: Battery pack, BP-234; Battery pack, BP-224; Battery charger, BC-158; AC adapter, BC-147A/E*; Belt clip, MB-103Y; Antenna, FA-S61V; Neck strap|
- Meets the strict environmental requirements for survival craft radio: The IC-GM1600 meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration and drop resistant (from 1 m height) requirements. After passing those environmental tests, the IC-GM1600 sustains 1m depth waterproof construction specified with IMO resolutions A.809(19), A.694(17) and IEC 61097-12.
- Optional high capacity Lithium battery, BP-234, has superior low temperature characteristics: Provides more than 8 hours operating time even at -20°C (Duty cycle: Tx: Rx: Stand-by = 6: 6: 48)
- Large keypad with positive button action
- Wide viewing angle LCD display
- One touch access to Channel 16 and call channel
- Highly visible yellow colored body
- Bright LED indicator on the top of panel
- Optional VOX headset for on-board use
The GM1600’s shock-resistant housing is constructed of a brightly colored dye-injected polymer assuring this essential piece of emergency equipment will always be easy to find in a survival bag, in a life raft, or any other place when you need to find it quickly.
All knobs are sized for quick operation and the large, well-labeled buttons feature a positive action “feel” with a programmable beep tone for sure operation. The front panel includes one touch access to Channel 16 and call channel.
Icom® has won more awards for their marine communications equipment than any other manufacturer. Commercial mariners and boating enthusiasts alike covet Icom marine radios for their legendary durability and ease of use. Icom`s marine equipment includes long range, ship-to-shore, single side-band (SSB) transceivers for worldwide communications and the best in shorter range VHF marine communications.