Universal Silver Sound & Heat Insulation Bulk Kit by HushMat®. 30 sheets 12" x 23" each 58 Sq. Ft. Reduce that aftermarket engine, exhaust drone, road noise, vibration and the noise that disrupts your ride and reduce the heat that comes from engine, headers, exhaust and catalytic converter - with one USA Made material - light weight HushMat UltraWhen driving your vehicle do you feel the heat coming through the firewall, floor & tunnel? Do you hear the road noise and vibration that prevents you from having a phone conversation? - does it drive you crazy? Do you wish you could stop the heat and the noise and enjoy a current model quiet ride on the inside? HushMat is the solution. Did you know when driving on the highway at 65-70 miles per hour the interior of your vehicle is approaching 80-90 decibels? That is like having a vacuum cleaner or garbage disposal running on your passenger seat! Sounds crazy right? Listen to what 80 decibels sound like: This happens in virtually every vehicle on the road every day. HushMat is the solution to REDUCE the noise level in your vehicle by up to 15 decibels!
|Color: Polymer - Black|
|Specific Gravity: 1.47 (approx. 0.47 pounds per square foot)|
|Thickness: 1.5 mm|
|Hardness: 6.5 - 9.0 mm ASTM D-5|
|R Value: 18|
|Shelf Life: At least 6 months when stored at 40°C or less|
|Size: 12" x 23"|
|Total Size: 58 Sq. Ft.|
- Reduce Heat & Road Noise all from one USA Made product
- HushMat ULTRA - Butyl Damping Pads "RATED #1 INSULATOR" by Restorer Magazine
- Reduces road noise & vibration - low frequency noise from 0 to 1,000 Hz
- Reduce heat Reduces thermal transfer by over 40%
- Stay warmer in the winter & cooler in the summer Insulates from -30 degrees up to 550+ degrees Fahrenheit
- Light weight & super flexible less than 1/8" thick and 0.47 pounds per square foot
- Adhesion is guaranteed - No alcohol or acetone wash needed; no installation tools required
- Trims easily with standard razor knife or household scissors
- Self Adhesive peel and stick - no secondary glue - adhesion guaranteed
- Installs in 1/2 the time versus other brands
- Manufactured in the United States of America
- Outperforms closest competitive brand by over 40%
- Original Equipment Manufacturer approved - Meets or exceeds automotive damping specs GMO149M - General Motors, WSB-M5G58-A1 - Ford and MS-CD 629 Type C - Chrysler
- Increased sound in stock Dodge pick up by over 7.9 Db @ 100 Hz published by D-Sport magazine
- Universal application - Apply to Firewall, Floor Pan, Tunnel, Doors, Roof, Rear Wheel Wells, Trunk and Quarter Panels
- Requires no surface cleaning / preparation or heat guns to install
- No alcohol or acetone wash needed
- No installation tools required
- Trims with standard razor knife or household scissors
- Temperature Resistance: HushMat Ultra will withstand a bake of 1 hour at 240°C with no deformation, sag, or flow when baked in horizontal, vertical or inverted positions
- Cold Flexibility: Can be bent around 25mm. mandrel at -30°C with no cracking or loss of adhesion
- Flammability: Tested per FMVSS 302, HushMat Ultra is self-extinguishing and meets all aspects of the standard
- Safety: HushMat Ultra is not considered a hazardous material. Care should be used in handling to avoid cuts from the foil. Gloves are recommended. The Material Safety Data Sheet is available upon request and should be read and understood before using this product
- Peel Strength: Tested in 90° peel at a crosshead speed of 300mm per minute on a 25mm wide test specimen. Average load in Newtons is reported
- Made to comply with stringent quality standards
- Guaranteed to ensure a perfect fit and effortless installation
- Guaranteed to provide perfect fit and function
- 30 Pieces
Ever think about driving on the highway and then exiting? At the end of the exit ramp what is the 1st thing you do? You turn down your radio or music because it was too loud! It had to be that loud on the highway to over come all the noise inside your vehicle. HushMat reduces this noise floor and allows you to hear more music.
Did you also know there is over 200 degrees of heat cooking your firewall and floor pan? That's right - your engine, headers, manifold & exhaust generate tremendous heat that transfers to the metal firewall & floor - this heats up your vehicle interior. This creates a very uncomfortable ride, especially in the summer! This also forces your AC system to work harder to reduce & maintain comfortable temperatures inside your vehicle. HushMat is the solution to reduce thermal transfer into your interior. HushMat's proprietary USA manufactured visco-elastic chemistry dissipates this heat insulating your interior causing less load on your A/C system - making your vehicle significantly cooler. HushMat Ultra is proven in an independent study to lower this temperature by over 40%.
HushMat Ultra - designed for the automotive industry OEM's (Ford, Chrysler, GM, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota and Honda) for over 25 years. HushMat is the only OEM specified and approved sound deadening & thermal insulating material available to the automotive aftermarket.
HushMat Ultra is a pressure-sensitive, constrained-layer damper, which has excellent adhesion to many difficult to bond substrates such as oily cold rolled steel, automotive E-coat, primers and finishes, and many plastics including polypropylene. The aluminum foil constraining layer and specially formulated viscoelastic polymer layer combine to give effective vibration damping over a wide temperature range. Ultra is provided in rectangular or square sheets and can be hand-cut for special configurations.
HushMat Ultra is temperature resistant and will maintain adhesion through all automotive bake cycles including 288°C (550 degrees F) over-bake conditions. This allows its application at any stage of the production cycle. It can be applied to both pre-painted and top-coated metal surfaces. It is compatible with automotive coatings and will not contaminate spray operations. HushMat Ultra superior adhesion characteristics provide excellent corrosion resistance.
The superior adhesive properties of HushMat Ultra allow it to be used in horizontal, vertical or inverted applications. It has good conformability and can be applied on complex shapes.
HushMat Ultra is approved for many automotive specifications. Contact your Hushmat representative for details, and for design and custom application assistance.
#1 Rated HushMat® provides incredible sound reduction and thermal insulation benefits from technology proven for over a quarter of a century in the automotive, heavy truck, home appliance, as well as recreation and marine industries. HushMat was introduced to automobile manufacturers in 1988, and was approved by General Motors and Chrysler for in vehicle production. HushMat is the only company that manufacturers its own sound deadening and specified for use by every automobile manufacturer in the United States, Canada and Mexico. HushMat makes cars, trucks, boats, RV’s buses, appliances, HVAC equipment and home theater more quiet and comfortable. Today, HushMat is the fastest growing sound deadening and thermal insulation company worldwide. The brand is built on the development of technology for the most demanding and complex industrial and consumer environments. Noise reduction and temperature control of durable goods are HushMat's core competence. HushMat delivers the highest-quality, super flexible, easy to cut material available and requires no surface prep – just peel & stick even in the harshest climates!
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm. www.p65warnings.ca.gov