Thread Repair Kit by HeliCoil®, Prewinder Body Not Included. This kit contains everything required to repair, protect, and strengthen threads in applications made of just about any materials including aluminum, magnesium, cast iron, bronze, etc. These inserts will provide maximum clamping action and bolt tension, while forming a lasting repair that will restore parts that might otherwise have to be scrapped.
- Designed for repairing damaged threads
- Inserts precision formed from 304 stainless steel
- Increases thread life
- Can be used on smaller bosses and flanges
- Ensures maximum clamping action and bolt tension
- Can be used in any part or material
- Easy installation
- Outward expansion of coils holds insert in place; no staking, locking, or swaging required
- Flexibility of the inserts provides a balanced distribution of the load throughout the length of thread engagement
- Corrosion resistant
- Can be used in temperatures ranging from–320ºF to +800ºF
- Comes with a tap, installation tool, quantity of inserts, and detailed instructions
- Available in Standart and Metric - Coarse and Fine
- Made in the USA
This thread repair kit makes any thread repair manageable and is often the recommended solution by both domestic and foreign automakers. It contains everything required to do the job right – a number of inserts of standard length, tap, installation tool, and detailed instructions. Kits for thread size 7/8” and larger come with high speed steel drill bit for ½” chuck. The inserts included are a precision formed screw thread coil of stainless steel wire with a diamond shape cross section. They are the most effective and universally accepted method for thread repair.
Designed to quickly and permanently restore stripped, worn or damaged threads to their original size and condition, the inserts can be used in any part made of any material including aluminum, magnesium, cast iron, bronze, etc. Maximum clamping action and bolt tension are assured with minimum wrench torque because of the mirror-smooth surface finish of the insert. Heli-Coil inserts are easy to install. Before the installation the inserts are larger in diameter than the tapped hole. When installing them, the installation tool (included in the kit) reduces the diameter of the leading coil so they can enter the tapped hole. After the installation, each high tensile stainless steel coil expands outward against the tapped hole to permanently anchor the insert. No staking, locking, swaging, or keying in place is required.
With over 65 years of experience in the manufacture of fastening and assembly solutions, Heli-Coil remains at the forefront of the industry and continues to be the leader in the market. With their dedication to exceeding customers' expectations, the company provides a comprehensive array of wire inserts and related assembly tools. All products by Heli-Coil are manufactured using strict quality programs developed to ensure that all products by the company meet the latest industry standards of QS, ISO, TS and AS specifications.