STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HANKOOK TIRES
This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser of any new tire
manufactured by HANKOOK Tire Co., Ltd bearing Department of Transportation prescribed tire identification numbers. Eligible tires shall be
used on the vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the
vehicle manufacturer’s or Hankook’s recommendation. This warranty applies if all following qualification requirements are met:
- The tire was purchased after January 1, 2012
- The tire is a size, load rating and speed rating equal to or greater than that
recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The tires have not become unserviceable due to a condition listed under
WHAT IS NOT COVERED.
What is Warranted and For How Long
Should any tire covered by this limited warranty become unusable due to a
workmanship or material related condition during its usable tread life (more
than 2/32” remaining tread), Hankook will give a credit on the following
- During the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread and one year from
date of purchase: Tire will be replaced with a comparable new Hankook
produced tire free of charge. Applicable taxes on the new tire and cost
of mounting, balancing and any other charges in connection with the
replacement of the tire are required to be paid by the owner.
- After the first 2/32nds of the original usable tread or after one year from
date of purchase, whichever occurs first: The amount of the credit will be
determined by multiplying the pre-determined adjustment price for the tire
(excluding taxes) by the percentage of original tread depth remaining on
- Free replacement workmanship warranty is not applicable to snow tires.
Treadwear Mileage Warranty
Hankook provides very competitive treadwear mileage Warranty as follows:
- If the above eligible tire wears out (wears down to 2/32” remaining
depth) before the warranty miles under the normal passenger use, Hankook
will make an allowance for unused service toward the purchase of a
new tire of the same size and type, prorated on warranted miles.
- The replacement allowance will be calculated by percentage of the warranted
miles not received, multiplied to the pre-determined adjustment
price of the tire at the time and place of the adjustment.
- To take advantage of this warranty, the owner shall submit warranty card
which records the purchasing and vehicle information within 30 days from
the date of purchase. (Warranty card must be mailed to Hankook Tire
- To make a claim, tire rotation record shall be presented along with the
claimed tire. (The cost of mounting, balance and other service charges or
taxes shall be paid by the customer).
- This warranty is not applicable to original equipment tires.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which are being serviced under
the following conditions:
- Outside of the Continental United States
- Willful Abuse / Collision / Wreck / Fire
- Continued use while flat or severe under/over inflation.
- Road Hazards including without limitation, puncture, cut, impact break,
stone drill, bruise, bulge, snag, collision.
- Premature or irregular wear due to vehicle mechanical reason.
- Conditions resulting from without limitation, improper
mounting/demounting, underinflation, improper tire size, improper
repair, defect in vehicle, abuse.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tires over four (4) years old from the date
- Ride disturbance complaints after 2/32 tread wear
- With less than 2/32” remaining depth.
- With the serial number cut or buffed.
- Racing and off road use and Misapplication.
- Tires 6 years or older from the date of manufacture or
5 years or older from the date of purchase.
- Loss of time or use, inconvenience or any incidental or
Owner’s General Obligation
In order to be eligible for HANKOOK’s limited warranty program, the owner
must observe the following:
- Present the tire to an authorized Hankook dealer in the Continental
United States of America.
- Submit or present a copy of the original purchase receipt.
- Complete and sign a Hankook Claim Form which is available at any
- End users should complete the warranty card which is available at authorized
Hankook dealers for tread wear mileage warranty and mail it to
Hankook Tire America Corp. (1450 Valley Road, Wayne NJ 07470. Attn:
Technical Department) within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- In order to take advantage of mileage warranty, you must submit tire
rotation record which proves that all tires are rotated at least every 7,500
- If the tire owner abuses the tires by failing to do the following, but not
limited to observe safety warnings, maintain proper inflation pressure,
maintain vehicle alignment and tire rotation, expected tire performance
or life may not be achieved and your safety cannot be ensured.
Road Hazard Warranty
If the eligible tire is rendered unserviceable due to a non-repairable road
hazard, it must meet the following guidelines:
- Tire must be listed in eligible products for Road Hazard
- Tire must be worn within first 2/32nds
- Tire must be within one year from date of purchase
Qualifying tires will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Hankook
produced tire. Adjustment procedure is prescribed in the Owner’s General
Obligation section. Taxes and service charges are not included. The eligible
products for Road Hazard warranty are as
follows: VENTUS Line: V12 evo , V4ES , V2 Concept, AS; OPTIMO Line: H727, H426, H725; Mileage Plus II, Dynapro HT (P-Metric), Dynapro AT-M (P-Metric), Enfren
A. This warranty is not applicable to original equipment (OE) tires.
B. Repairable punctures are not covered under this warranty
This warranty, or any warranty stated or referred to herein, is exclusive and in lieu of any other warranty regarding the quality of Hankook tires, whether expressed or implied and remedies for breach thereof shall be limited to those specifically provided herein. Any warranty of merchantability of fitness for any particular purpose, if made, is limited in duration to the effective time period of this limited warranty.
Additional Information or Customer Service
If you have any question on product warranty, please first contact your nearest Hankook Tire Dealer. For dealer information, or if your question has not been handled to your satisfaction, contact the Hankook Tire Technical Department.