Cold Air Intake System (2550) by GREEN FILTER®. Improve power and increase the mileage your diesel engine delivers and save the cost of replacement filters to boot by installing a Cold Air Intake System from Green Filter. Instead of replacing the OEM filter every 6 months or year at a cost of -12, just clean and re-oil the pleated cotton low-restriction Green Filter element. The Cold Air Intake routes more, cooler outside air into your engine for even more power and less fuel consumption.
- Revised air box for improved flow, colder intake charge
- Cleanable, reusable filter element will outlast your car
- Woven cotton (not gauze) fabric for superior flow
- Steel mesh resists handling damage
- Maximum number of deeper pleats for maximum surface area
- Cleaner rubber molding for maximum surface area
- Low restriction reduces engine pumping losses for improved economy
- Low restriction improves cylinder filling for best power
- Pre-oiled filter element so the product is ready to install right out of the box
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Engines burn air, as well as diesel fuel. And they burn a lot of it, almost 15 pounds of air for every pound of diesel. Fortunately, you don't need to carry all that air with you, you just filter that free air that's all around. The air filter on a diesel collects a lot more airborne dirt than a gasoline engine would; there's no throttle blades to restrict the intake, which gulps a full measure of air for every engine revolution. In addition, the Green Filter Cold Air Intake feeds your engine cool air from outside the engine compartment. Because cool air is denser than hot air, that means more oxygen per unit volume of air for your engine to burn. The factory air intake is often very restrictive and only feeds your engine hot, thin underhood air.
It gets better: the Green Filter cotton element is less restrictive than the factory element, especially if the factory element is starting to plug up with dirt. Again, that means more air goes into your engine – and more power and less fuel.
Long before they started producing filters for street cars, Green Filters made custom air filters for the motorsports industry, with clients like MAZDASPEED, Chip Ganassi Racing, Saleen, and Toyota. These top names in road and off-road racing chose Green Filters for their superior performance and constantly-improving technology. Producing the same type of filter in fitments for street cars was a simple step, and the line of vehicles covered is constantly expanding. Better yet, their continuing role in motorsports keeps them at the cutting edge of air filter and cold air induction system technology.