Globalstar USA, LLC. ("GUSA") offers a limited warranty valid only in the USA that the enclosed product (the "product") will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for a time specified below from the date of sale of the product.
This limited warranty is not transferable to any third party, including but not limited to any subsequent purchaser or owner of the product. The warranty time period for the product is as follows:
- Portable Phone: one (1) year
- Fixed Phone: one (1) year
- Batteries: 6 months
- Car Kits: ninety (90) days
- Accessories: ninety (90) days
GUSA shall, at its sole absolute discretion, either repair or replace a product with a new or a rebuilt unit (which unit may include new and/or reconditions parts or boards of similar quality and functionality) if found by GUSA to be defective in material or workmanship, or if GUSA determines that it is unable to repair or replace such product, provided that the subject product (I) is returned to a GUSA within the warranty period.
This limited warranty does not cover and is voice with respect to the following:
- a product which has been improperly installed, repaired, maintained or modified;
- a product which has been subject to misuse (including a product used in conjunction with hardware electrically or mechanically incompatible or used with accessories not supplied or approved by GUSA), abuse, accident, physical damage, abnormal operation or operation contrary to furnished instructions or warnings, improper handling, neglect, exposure to fire, water or excessive moisture or dampness or extreme changes in climate or temperature;
- products operated outside published maximum ratings;
- cosmetic damage;
- damage to antennas unless caused directly to defects in materials or workmanship;
- coil cords and control cables that are stretched, pinched, or have the modular tab broken;
- products on which warranty stickers or product serial numbers have been removed, altered or rendered illegible;
- customer instruction;
- cost of installation, removal or reinstallation;
- signal reception problems (unless caused by defects in materials or workmanship);
- damage as a result of fire, flood, or other acts of God or other acts which are not the fault of GUSA and which the product is not specified to tolerate, including but not limited to damage caused by mishandling, shipping or blown fuses;
- consumables (such as fuses);
- any products which have been opened, repaired, modified or altered by anyone other than GUSA or a GUSA authorized service center.
Use with accessories not supplied by GUSA or otherwise not expressly authorized by GUSA may be dangerous and may void the product warranty. GUSA specifically disclaims liability for any and all direct, indirect, special, general, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of profits or anticipated profits arising out of use of or inability to use any product (for example, extra airtime charges due to the malfunction of a product).
Repair, replacement or refund, as provided under the warranty is your sole and exclusive remedy for breach of the limited warranty. except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantibility or fitness for a particular purpose on these products is limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. To the extent permitted by applicable law, GUSA makes no other warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the products, including but not limited to any warranty against infringement.
Some States do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
This limited warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from State to State.