Introduction to the FLIR Maritime Global Limited Warranty
FLIR maritime’s global limited warranty is effective for qualifying products purchased on or after 1st August 2017. FLIR Systems, Inc. and its affiliates (“FLIR”) warrants FLIR maritime products purchased directly from FLIR, from an approved FLIR dealer or installed on a new vessel by an authorized boat builder, known as the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) (the “products”), to be free from defects in material and workmanship for:
- Cooled sensor products for one (1) year;
- Uncooled sensor products for two (2) years;
(a) the date the products were first purchased; or (b) in the case of the products installed on a new vessel by an authorized OEM, the date the vessel was first delivered (the “purchase date”) to the first retail customer (the “original customer”).
Upgrading Your FLIR Maritime Warranty
FLIR is pleased to offer free extended warranty for FLIR Maritime products (excludes cooled sensor product, warranty replacements and refurbished product) simply by registering your new products online.
When you register your new FLIR products online within 90 days of purchase, your standard 2-year warranty coverage is extended to 3-years at no additional cost.
This extended warranty program demonstrates FLIR’s confidence in the high standards of quality and reliability that have been designed into its products across the board.
All prior FLIR Maritime warranty policies, procedures and points of contact are superseded and replaced by this FLIR Maritime global limited warranty.
In some countries and for some products, FLIR also offers a warranty replacement service and on-board warranty. These services, when available, are designed to help minimize the down-time of products that may require warranty repair.
FLIR products are not a substitute for possessing and exercising the independent judgment and skill needed to safely and effectively operate any vessel or engage in any marine activity.
Global Limited Warranty Statement
The limited warranties and remedies in the global limited warranty are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties express or implied or statutory, including any liability arising under any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, statutory or otherwise. This warranty gives the owner specific legal rights, which may vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
In no event shall FLIR Systems, Inc. or its affiliates be liable for any incidental, special, indirect or consequential damages, whether resulting from the use, misuse, inability to use, improper reliance on, or from any defects in the product. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
FLIR, in its sole discretion, retains the right to repair or replace the product, which, in the absence of any applicable law to the contrary, shall be the customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of warranty.
The product repaired or replaced under warranty will be warranted only for the remaining balance of the applicable original standard limited warranty period.
1-Year Cooled Sensor Limited Warranty
Subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions in the global limited warranty, all cooled sensor products are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date the product was purchased by the original customer. During this period and for the original customer, FLIR will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use.
If the cooled sensor limited warranty applies to you, FLIR will repair or replace the product.
2-Year Standard Limited Warranty
Subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions in the global limited warranty, all FLIR maritime uncooled sensor products are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date the product was purchased by the original customer. During this period and for the original customer, FLIR will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use.
If the standard limited warranty applies to you, FLIR will repair or replace the product.
Some customers may have the option to purchase a refurbished FLIR maritime uncooled sensor product instead of a new product, typically at a reduced price. A refurbished FLIR maritime product is a product that was repaired or rebuilt and fully tested by FLIR to ensure that it meets all product performance specifications. A refurbished FLIR maritime product may have observable cosmetic blemishes, but such blemishes will in no way affect product performance.
This 2-year standard limited warranty applies equally to both new uncooled sensor maritime products and refurbished uncooled sensor maritime products, except that observable cosmetic blemishes not affecting product performance on any refurbished product that a customer chooses to purchase are expressly excluded from warranty coverage.
Procedures for Standard Limited Warranty Repairs and Replacements
During a valid standard limited warranty period , FLIR retains the right to repair or replace a warranty product at its sole discretion. Any maritime product that is repaired or replaced under warranty will be warranted only for the remaining balance of the applicable original standard limited warranty period.
Certain products may also be eligible for FLIR’s on-board warranty service during the standard limited warranty period.
During a valid standard limited warranty period, the FLIR warranty replacement service may enable you to receive a warranty replacement product from FLIR in advance of the certified FLIR dealer returning the warranty product to FLIR.
A warranty replacement product will retain the balance of warranty from the original product and will be warranted only for the remaining balance of the applicable original standard limited warranty period.
The on-board warranty is a convenient way to have your FLIR maritime product repaired or replaced by a certified FLIR dealer without first having to remove the product from your vessel.
Products Under Warranty that are Eligible for On-Board Warranty
Except for handheld products, all FLIR maritime authorized OEM-installed products and maritime products installed by a certified FLIR dealer are eligible for the on-board warranty during the standard limited warranty period, subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions in this FLIR global limited warranty.
Qualifying an Eligible Product for On-Board Warranty
Subject to the following conditions, limitations and exclusions, to qualify an eligible maritime product for the on-board warranty:
- the eligible product must be installed on a vessel that is located within two (2) hours round-trip travel by automobile of a certified FLIR dealer;
- there must be verification that the eligible product was installed by a certified FLIR dealer or an authorized OEM;
- the eligible Product must have been purchased and installed within the same FLIR geographic region. The three FLIR Geographic Regions are: Americas (Canada, United States, Caribbean, Central America and South America), EMEA (“Europe/Middle East/Africa”, which includes the UK and EU), APAC (“Asia Pacific”, which includes Australia and New Zealand).
Handheld products are not eligible for the on-board warranty.
Important Global Limited Warranty Conditions and Exclusions
Any maritime product that is repaired or replaced under warranty will be warranted only for the remaining balance of the applicable standard limited warranty period. In addition to all of the other terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions specified in the FLIR global limited warranty, FLIR is not responsible for, and the warranty does not cover, any and all of the following:
- Failures or defects due to accident, abuse, misuse, high-pressure washing, alteration, corrosion, incorrect and/or non-authorized repair, improper siting or installation (whether or not by a certified FLIR dealer), or failure to comply with product user information or guidance;
- Product used for purposes other than marine activity or used outside the marine environment;
- Cooled core failures where the cooled sensor product has over 5000 hours use;
- No maritime product is warranted to be merchantable or fit for any particular use or application;
- Products where the serial number has been altered, obscured or is missing;
- Failure of or defects in third party software or services supplied with, or accessible via, the product;
- Failure of a product not sold under the FLIR brand name (which is supplied with the warranty provided by its manufacturer);
- Routine maintenance and checks, software revisions or updates, alignment/calibration, sea trials or commissioning unless required by replacement of parts in the area being aligned;
- Repair or replacement of products intended to be consumed or replaced including (without limitation) fuses and batteries;
- Repair or replacement of cosmetic parts that do not affect the performance including (without limitation) the IR window;
- On-board repair service for handheld products or products on a vessel that is more than two (2) hours round-trip by automobile travel time from a certified FLIR dealer;
- Differences in material, coloring or size that may exist between actual products and the pictures or descriptions of such products;
- Damage caused to other equipment, systems or components occasioned by improper installation, connection or use of the product;
- Cosmetic blemishes including scratches and dents on refurbished products or warranty replacement products;
- Product is only warranted if sold to the original customer within 5 years from manufacturing;
This warranty is not transferable from the original customer;
This FLIR global limited warranty does not have the effect of excluding or limiting the customer’s statutory rights under the applicable national legislation. This warranty complies with EU directive 1999/44/EU.
Out-of-Warranty and Non-Warranty Evaluation, Service and Repair
FLIR may, in its sole discretion, agree to evaluate for potential service or repair a product that is out-of-warranty or not covered under warranty.
Any out-of-warranty or non-warranty service or repair performed by FLIR comes with a one hundred and eighty (180) day limited warranty covering parts and labor only, which begins as of the date the product is shipped by FLIR back to the customer. Any product that is sent to FLIR for evaluation but that is returned to the customer without having been serviced or repaired will be returned in the same condition as it was received, subject to any wear and tear necessary to evaluate the product, and will not receive any warranty coverage of any kind.