LQ-590 24-pin Impact Printer by Epson®. 24-pin 80-column - 529 Mono, USB, Parallel. LQ-590 Dot Matrix Printer.
- Delivers high quality text and graphics for critical applications
- Speeds through multipart forms, reports, labels and more at up to 529 cps
- Offers an MTBF rating of 20,000 POH and a 400 million character print head life
- Facilitates greater productivity with less downtime
- 5 million (LQ-590) character ribbon cartridge reduces the need for frequent ribbon changes
- Ensures the lowest cost per page
- Includes USB and Parallel connections, plus an additional slot for optional Type B interface cards
- Epson and IBM printer languages ensure compatibility for new and legacy printing applications
- Improved menu navigation allows quick and easy changes to printer settings
- Remote Configuration Manager facilitates easy setup via a PC
Printing Method: 24-pin, serial impact dot matrix
Print Direction: Bidirectional logic seeking for text and graphics printing
- High Speed Draft: 529 cps (12 cpi); 440 cps (10 cpi)
- Draft: 330 cps (10 cpi)
- Letter Quality: 110 cps (10 cpi)
Characters & Lines
Character Sets: 96 ASCII characters; 14 international character sets and 1 legal character set; 128 user-defined characters; Extended IBM style graphic characters; 5 code pages
Resident Bitmapped Fonts:
- Epson Draft 10, 12, 15 cpi
- Epson Roman 10, 12, 15 cpi proportional
- Epson San Serif 10, 12, 15 cpi proportional
- Epson Courier 10, 12, 15 cpi
- Epson Prestige 10, 12, 15 cpi
- Epson Script 10 cpi
- Epson OCRB 10 cpi
- Epson Script C proportional
- Epson Orator 10 cpi
- Epson Orator S 10 cpi
Bar Code Fonts: EAN-13, EAN-8, Interleaved 2 of 5, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 39, Code 128, POSTNET, Codabar (NW-7), Industrial 2 of 5, Matrix 2 of 5
Characters per Line: 80 characters at 10 cpi
- 32 horizontal tabs
- line spacing in 1/6" or programmable (minimum 1/360" increments)
- skip over perforations in lines
- page length in lines or inches
Forms: Continuous multipart, original plus 4 carbonless copies, maximum thickness.018"
- No. 6 envelopes: 6.5" x 3.6"
- No. 10 envelopes: 9.5" x 4.1"
- Single sheets: 3.9" to 10.1"
- Continuous: 4" to 10"
- Cut-sheet feeder: 7.2" to 8.5"
- Single sheets: 3.9" to 14.3"
- Continuous: 4" to 22"
- Cut-sheet feeder: 10.1" to 14"
Labels: Minimum: 2.5" x 0.94"
Roll paper: 8.5" width
Paper Feed Speed:
- 45 milli2nd per 1/6"
- 5" per 2nd continuous feed
Software Drivers: Windows 95, 98, 2000, Me, XP and NT 4.0
- Epson ESC / P2
- IBM PPDS
- Bidirectional Parallel (IEEE 1284 Nibble Mode supported)
- USB 1.1
- Type-B slot for optional interface cards
Input Buffer: 128 KB
Control Panel: Functions: Font, pitch, pause, tear off, bin selection, line feed, form feed, load, eject, micro adjust, top-of-form adjustment, panel lockout, reset, menu, default setting selection
Sound Level: 52 dB(A)
Rated voltage: 120V
Input voltage range: 103.5 132V
Rated frequency range: 50 60 Hz
Input frequency range: 49.5 60.5 Hz
Dimensions: 16.3" x 13.8" x 6.3" (W x D x H)
Weight: 15.6 lb
Total Print Volume: 40 million lines (not including printhead)
MTBF: 20,000 POH (25% duty cycle)
Print head life: 400 million characters
Ribbon life: 5 million characters at 48 dots / character
Ideal for point-of-sale, manufacturing, and production environments, this workhorse boasts an amazing 20,000 POH MTBF rating and a 400 million character print head life. Its easy-to-use control panel makes changing print settings a snap, while convenient configuration software facilitates simple setup via a PC. It even provides Parallel and USB connections, plus a slot for optional interface cards, including high-speed Ethernet, for greater compatibility with practically any system. And, with both Epson and IBM™ printer languages, it's a great replacement for the Okidata™ ML-390/490 or the Epson LQ-570e/870.
Ideal for businesses that require high quality, multi-part forms printing, the reliable Epson LQ-590 printer offer extremely low operational costs compared to other printing technologies, as well as superior performance in comparison to other printers in its class. Designed for use in demanding print environments, this heavy-duty dot matrix printer handles critical business applications with precision and ease. And, it's backed by a three-year warranty that includes Epson's superior service and support.
Epson® is an industry-leading maker in the printer, professional imaging, projector, scanner, system devices and factory automation solutions. The brand goes the extra mile to offer high-performance products that exceed its customers' expectations. As an innovator and forward-thinking company, Epson is constantly seeking new ways to help you tackle a variety of tasks more easily and efficiently. When it comes to your work or home, Epson has you covered with a diverse line of sophisticated printers, scanners, projectors, wearables, robots, as well as the highest-quality ink and paper to bring your best ideas in high-end quality. These are advanced tools ready to create fine works of art, in vivid colors and with dazzling clarity of details. Epson’s line of compact desktop and large format printers, photo and POS printers, all-one printing solutions, mobile, desktop and flatbed scanners, interactive and large venue projectors and many more will dramatically help customize workflows. Epson’s long tradition of introducing efficient, precise products will continue into the future – with the continued development of some of the most advanced micromechantronics capabilities for ultra-fine, high-precision processing.