PortServer TS Serial Server by Digi®. Simple, reliable and cost-effective RS-232 serial-to-Ethernet connectivity.
- 1, 2 or 4 RS-232 serial ports for standard serial-to-Ethernet connectivity
- Ideal for applications requiring COM ports, serial tunneling, TCP/UDP sockets, or multiple unicast functionality
- Patented RealPort for COM/TTY port control and management
- Modem emulation
- Monitoring and diagnostic utility
- Secure communication via SSHv2
- Tunable for low latency or optimized for throughput
- Easy web-based configuration (HTTP/HTTPS)
PortServer TS serial servers offer a simple, reliable and costeffective solution for connecting multiple serial devices over industry standard Ethernet. Target applications include retail/point-of-sale, building control and medical point-of-care.Digi's patented RealPort, with encryption and user authentication*, makes it possible to establish a connection between the host and networked serial device by creating a local COM or TTY port on the host computer, allowing software applications to work with networked device servers instead of requiring a host adapter.PortServer TS is easy to install locally or remotely through a variety of IP addressing methods (DHCP, RARP, ARP-Ping) along with an application included on the installation CD that will automatically detect all PortServer devices on your network.
Since the year of its foundation in 1985, Digi® has been focused on connecting things, starting with intelligent multiport serial boards for PCs. As wireless data technologies evolved, the company expanded its product line with RF modules, gateways, and cellular routers to build critical communication infrastructures, plus embedded wireless systems on module (SoM) and single-board computer (SBC) offerings for makers of next generation connected products. To help its customers light up networks and launch new products, Digi provides relentlessly reliable, secure, scalable, and managed machine-to-machine (M2M) communications.