Mechanical Thermatic™ Air Conditioning Fan Switch and Relay by Davies Craig®. 12V and 24V applications. Can be used with Thermatic Fans & EWP's. It senses the coolant temperature after it passes through the engine block prior to entering the radiator and is adjustable from 40° to 100°C (104° to 212°F). The Thermal Switch is mounted near the radiator and the stainless steel probe fitted inside the radiator hose. The Thermal Switch & relay kit enables a fan to operate both thermally and also when the air conditioning is running. 12 Volt Relay supplied in Kit, for 24 Volt you will need to source separately 24V realy, part number 0534.
Notes: If using this switch for use with EWP's, it will not vary the speed of the pump in response to engine temperature but rather turn the pump on and off at your set temperature. For EWP control reco mmend the LCD Controller part number 8001 which can manage both the EWP and your Thermatic Fans..
|Temperature Range: 40° to 100°C (104° to 212°F)|
|Lead Length: 100cm|
|Sensor Probe Size: Suites 6 mm Olive|
- Innovative design for unbeatable performance
- Meticulously designed to deliver solid performance
- Crafted utilizing up-to-date equipment
- 1 Thermal Switch
- 1 Rubber Seal Suits 1 mm Capillary
- 1 Thermal Switch Knob
- 2 3M White Scotch lock Terminal
- 1 Relay - 12V 40 Amp
- 1 Wiring Harness - Fan 12 & 24V
- 1 Instructions
Should you not want to squeeze the probe of the Mechanical Thermatic™ Switch between the radiator inlet and radiator hose, or the radiator fins, Davies Craig recommend you look at part number 0409 or 0400. (Sold Separately)
The #0409 is a simple, economical Adapter Kit allows easy fitting directly into the top radiator hose. Just fit the probe into the compression fitting, remove about 17 mm (2/3") of radiator hose, fit the Adapter between each hose and secure the hose clamps. The kit comes complete, as shown, for a watertight and effective probe installation. Extra rubber sleeves are supplied to enable fitment to radiator hose sizes from 32 mm to 40 mm (11/4" to 11/2") diameter. Suits all temperature sensors with either a 5 mm (3/16") or a 6 mm (1/4" outside diameter and temperature gauge senders with 6 mm (1/4") NPT thread. This is an accessory for use with #0401, #0404, #0444 and #0455 Thermatic™ Switches.
Should you need to account for Air Conditioning, Davies Craig recommend the Mechanical Thermatic™ Switch(12V & 24V) plus Relay for Air Conditioning, Part #0404
Davies, Craig offers three types of Thermatic™ Fan Switches
- Part #0444 senses air temperature near the top radiator hose as it passes through the radiator or senses coolant temperature (with #0409) for single or twin fan operation.
- Part #0455 Premium Thermatic Switch senses both air or coolant temperatures (with #0409), single or twin fan operation, attractive dashboard mounted monitor.
- Part #0401 senses the coolant temperature after it passes through the engine block prior to entering the radiator.
- Part #0400 is a combination of the unit #0401 (opposite) and the #0409 Hose Adapter (opposite), offering probe placement in the top radiator hose.
Established over four decades ago, Davies Craig® was formed to manufacture high-performance electric fans to fulfill the needs of automotive enthusiasts looking for a more efficient method to cool down their vehicles, and has since developed a comprehensive range of products, covering most makes of vehicles. Davies Craig's innovation, electric cooling, has now become a standard feature on most today's vehicles. Whatever your automotive cooling needs, the company has you covered with best-in-class fans, electric water pumps, viscous clutches, oil coolers, etc. Made utilizing the latest balancing machines, flow rigs and pressure testing equipment, they ensure the highest quality and performance to exceed your expectations.