Soft Foss™ Taupe Fibre Carpet Custom Rear Deck Cover (40147-00-82) by DashMat®. Made with the great Soft Foss™ fibre carpet and helps to protect your vehicle's rear deck from sun damage.
Notes: In-dash speakers are not cut out of dash covers because the fabrics do not distort sounds. DashMat-like fabrics are often used as speaker covers by stereo component manufacturers.
- Carpet mat covers rear deck portion of back windshield
- Cuts hazardous windshield glare
- Reduces windshield haze caused by plasticizer migration
- Lowers interior temperatures
- Made of Soft Foss™ fibre carpet
- Custom made to fit your vehicle
- Complements technical fabrics in newer vehicles
- Hook-and-loop fasteners included for easy, secure installation
- Designed in the USA
In 1979, a US Air Force retiree living in Arizona noticed the number of vehicles driving around with towels and rags on the dash area in an effort to reduce the harsh heat and glare of the desert sun. He experimented with a number of different materials, looking for both the ideal texture (to reduce glare) and insulation (to reduce heat build-up) and, after adding latex backing for shape retention, he introduced the perfect carpet for his new product – DashMat®. Now a part of car accessory family Covercraft, DashMat continues to build the best-fitting dash covers in the industry. With traditional fabrics like suede and velour cornerstoning their product line, they now offer the high-tech-appearance Limited Edition mat that complements the carbon fiber and aluminum of many new car interiors, and the Foss Fibre® Original DashMat and UltiMat made from recycled pop bottles.