Chevy Caprice 4.6L / 5.3L With Big Block Chevy Engine 1966, Engine Block by Dart®. Dart has developed a new world of performance for metric 8.1 big block engines. The Gen 7 block has full water jackets between the cylinder bores and has been improved with strengthened design and priority main oiling This premium product is the best way to go for those looking for the highest quality replacement that offers supreme levels of quality, performance and reliability. Designed to provide a perfect fit for a hassle free installation, this reliable product can help you get your vehicle back on the road faster and easier.
|Cylinder Bore Diameter: 4.250"|
|Deck Height: 10.236"|
|Engine Block Material: Cast iron|
|Main Cap Material: Ductile iron|
|Main Journal Type: OEM|
|Series: Big M Full Water|
- Premium iron alloy
- Priority main oiling for improved reliability
- Head bolts and other fasteners are metric for compatibility with stock components
- Uses standard big block Chevy main bearings and rod bearings
- 10.236" deck height
- 4.250 cylinder bore
- Ductile iron main caps.Block Prep Options
- Dart blocks are optionally available fully finish prepped. If you choose to order your block this way you can specify a final lifter spec and a final hone spec. Your block will be finish machined to your specs, final prepped and washed, pipe plugs and freeze plugs will be installed, then it will be bagged and boxed. Your block will arrive finished and ready to use!
Looking for quality performance engine parts, so you can blow away the competition? Rely on Dart®, the company that’s been leading the way in racing engine components for more than 30 years. Founded by Richard Maksin in 1981 in a two-car garage in Oak Park, Michigan, Dart has grown to become a leading manufacturer of aftermarket cylinder heads, intake manifolds and engine blocks. The company’s commitment to creating the industry’s best engine parts makes it the perfect choice for racers and performance enthusiasts. Dart does all research, development, machining and assembly in its own facilities in Troy, Melvindale and Warren, Michigan to give you the best in quality with any product you buy. Engineered with state-of-the-art CNC equipment and thoroughly inspected, nothing can beat Dart’s products in performance and durability. Stay on the winning track with championship-winning Dart engine components!