Universal Carbide Black Powder Coat Sway Control Kit by CURT®. Includes sway control unit and installation hardware. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind, this product by Curt will last a lifetime. It will meet your needs and deliver great quality at an affordable cost.
|Side Application Type Description: Blank|
|Finish: Carbide Black Powder Coat|
|Part Type: Sway Control Kit|
|Mount Type Description: Blank|
- Helps limit lateral trailer movement to reduce sway
- Fits most weight distribution hitches or a sway tab mount #45820
- Included weld-on sway tab allows for use with most ball mounts
- Spacer plate ensures proper alignment of trailer ball attachment
- Features adjustment bolt to accommodate different load sizes
- On / off handle makes it easy to engage or disengage sway control as needed
- Two sway control units recommended for larger trailers
- Compatible with most A-frame trailers (some drilling required)
- Sway control unit
- Trailer-mounted attachment ball and bolt
- Hitch-mounted attachment ball #40093
- Weld-on tab to adapt for left-hand use or for use without weight distribution hitch
- Mount reinforcement plate and attachment clips
A sway control unit is an inexpensive solution to the problem of a wandering trailer. CURT sway control units are designed to attach to your vehicle and trailer at the coupling point and counteract any lateral movement in your trailer, keeping your tow load straighter on the road and giving you more control over your vehicle. The sway bar uses a material like that used in brake pads to provide the necessary resistance while still allowing your vehicle to complete proper turns with your trailer attached. The sway control mounts onto the frame of your trailer and connects to the vehicle's ball mount using a separate trailer ball from that used for coupling the trailer. CURT sway controls are adjustable and easy to install. They come with a sway unit, a trailer-mounted attachment ball and bolts, a hitch-mounted attachment ball, a weld-on tab, a mount reinforcement plate and attachment clips. Though a weight distribution hitch is not an ideal solution for trailer sway on its own, CURT weight distribution hitches are made to be combined with a sway control unit and many are available with a sway controls included for a complete package. CURT also carries ball mounts that are specially designed to work with a sway control kit, having a sway tab welded right onto the ball mount platform.
CURT® Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".