Class 5 Commercial Duty Square Exposed Rear Trailer Hitch (15860) by CURT®. Color: Black. The Weight Carrying Capacity is 20000 lbs, while the Tongue Weight is 2700 lbs, 20000/2700 lbs Weight Capacity with use of Weight Distribution System, and the Receiver Tube Opening Size is 2-1/2". This hitch can be used in combination with a weight distribution hitch to increase the overall towing capacity. Featuring a quality steel frame, it comes with two coatings – a liquid Bonderite® coating and a powder coat – that ensure superior rust, dent, and UV resistance. All CURT trailer hitches are engineered for reliability and tested to meet the strictest demands of the industry.
- Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities. Do Not exceed vehicle manufacturer's recommended towing capacity
- Includes strong, grade 8 installation hardware
- Drilling required
- Install Time is 45 minutes
|Receiver Tube Size: 2-1/2"|
|Weight Carrying Capacity(WC): 20000 lbs|
|Tongue Weight(TW): 2700 lbs|
|Weight Distribution(WD): 20000 lbs|
|Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW): 2700 lbs|
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Constructed with a large, powerful main body
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Features wide safety chain openings for heavy-duty hooks
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
In the world of commercial towing, more is expected. A job cannot be completed if the equipment cannot handle the workload. That is why CURT developed the class 5 Commercial Duty trailer hitch: the ultimate in rear mount receiver hitches. Constructed from steel and engineered for power, these class 5 behemoths are designed to complement the towing power of commercial trucks and other heavy-duty pickup trucks and SUVs, including diesels and chassis cabs. They can easily handle a variety of oversize trailers, including toy and car haulers, agricultural trailers, dumper trailers, tri-axle flatbed trailers, large boat trailers and more. This particular class 5 hitch features a gross trailer weight capacity of 20,000 lbs. and an especially high tongue weight capacity of 2,700 lbs. It is designed to be a custom-fit trailer hitch for certain years of the Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD or 3500 with 6' or 8' bed or GMC Sierra 2500HD or 3500 with 6' or 8' bed. All CURT class 5 Commercial Duty hitches feature a large 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" receiver tube opening to accept the strongest of ball mounts and hitch-mounted accessories. They are perfect for mounting standard ball mounts, pintle mounts and tow hooks, as well as winch mounts and cargo carriers. CURT Commercial Duty hitches are protected by a co-curing of liquid Bonderite coating and a black carbide powder coat finish, and they come backed with a one-year finish warranty. If that were not enough, they also mount with grade 8 hardware, included with each hitch, and feature a limited lifetime warranty to give you the confidence to tackle every job head-on.
CURT® Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".