Class 1 Round Exposed Rear Trailer Hitch with Standard Ball Mount Insert (114753) by CURT®. Color: Black. The Weight Carrying Capacity is 2000 lbs, while the Tongue Weight is 200 lbs, and the Receiver Tube Opening Size is 1-1/4". This trailer hitch is constructed with quality American steel by state-of-the-art machinery and coated with a liquid Bonderite® coating and a high-gloss black powder coat to provide long-lasting corrosion, chip, and UV resistance. It features a 1-1/4" x 1-1/4" receiver tube opening and is available with a square tube or round tube frame. All CURT trailer hitches are engineered for reliability and tested to meet the strictest demands of the industry.
- Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component
- Trailer hitch weight ratings are limited to vehicle manufacturer's stated capacities. Do Not exceed vehicle manufacturer's recommended towing capacity
- Includes ball mount #45521 (trailer ball sold separately), hardware, pin and clip
- Hole Enlargement Required
- Temporarily lower exhaust
- No Drilling Required
- Install Time is 30 minutes
|Finish: Powder Coat|
|Hole Size: 3/4"|
|Warranty: Limited Lifetime|
|Weight Carrying Capacity(WC): 2000 lbs|
|Main Body: Round|
|Receiver Tube Size: 1-1/4"|
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable high-gloss black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Bonderite coating
- Strengthened with a cast, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" ball mount features a 3/4" hole to accept a trailer ball shank
- Old-style ball mount can be flipped to provide drop or rise
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA
Toting your mountain bikes to your new favorite trail? Taking the kayaks out for a quiet day on the water? Packing the car for another weekend camping trip? Don''t leave anything behind; Bring It® with CURT!CURT class 1 trailer hitches are the perfect way to add storage space to your vehicle. For compact cars, sedans and crossovers, a class 1 hitch provides a functional rear receiver tube for attaching a hitch-mounted cargo carrier or bike rack or for towing a light-duty trailer.
Each class 1 trailer hitch is designed to fit a specific vehicle application. This particular class 1 hitch offers a custom fit for the Volkswagen Golf R (to verify vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide or use the Vehicle Lookup on the CURT website). This VW hitch is stringently tested to SAE J684 standards and is rated to tow up to 2,000 lbs. GTW and 200 lbs. TW. It also features a 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" receiver tube to accept the included ball mount. The ball mount features a 3/4" hole to mount a trailer ball, and it comes with a pin & clip for easy installation.
Every CURT custom trailer hitch - from class 1 to class 5 - is manufactured right here in the USA to ensure quality from design to finish. CURT hitches are engineered using real vehicles and a hands-on approach. CURT fabricate CURT hitches using a combination of robotic and manual welding for optimum precision and speed. Finally, CURT finish each hitch with a unique co-curing process, using rust-resistant liquid Bonderite® to coat the hitch inside and out, and then a durable black powder coat. These two coatings co-cure together, creating an industry-leading rust, chip and UV-resistant finish. All CURT tow hitches are also backed by a limited lifetime warranty to give you complete confidence, mile after mile.
CURT® Manufacturing has been a leader and innovator in the trailering industry since 1993. CURT markets a broad range of trailer hitches, towing systems and related accessories. CURT is "The First Name in Towing Products" for automobile and truck hitches, as well as RV and commercial towing systems. Products are marketed through retailers, distributors, installers, and e-tailers across the U.S. and Canada. CURT employs almost 350 associates, primarily at its manufacturing and headquarters in Eau Claire, Wisconsin. CURT operates 10 regional warehouses, each carrying over 2,500 items and has been twice named a Wisconsin "Manufacturer of the Year".