As with any automotive products, the level of care and maintenance provided by the owner is key to its continued appearance and service life. Please follow these important suggestions for your CPX patented foilers.
Regular cleaning to remove road soils, salts and chemicals are very important. Foilers are mounted at the bottom of the forward wheel well opening, and as they are deflecting air drag, they are also susceptible to more than average road grime so they will need more attention.
Always use a mild automotive formulated soap and water, with a soft cloth or brush. Never use harsh or abrasive chemical cleaners, especially those offered by automatic car wash facilities. Never use a pressure washer as it may cause paint damage and loosen the adhesive tape.
Frequency of cleaning is very important to the life of the finish. For best results mild Carnuba or sealer wax may be applied after washing. The sustained life of the foiler finish is directly related to the frequency of the maintenance.
1. Wash the urethane CPX foiler parts thoroughly using a 3M gray Scotch-Brite in hot water and Detro ting scrub, USP90 scuff gel, TSP, Comet, Ajax, etc., and then rinse. Make sure to do this process on the back of the part as well to insure tape adhesion, mold release covers the entire foiler; it is water soluble and must be removed to insure paint and tape adhesion.
2. Sand with a dual action sander, being careful not to gouge soft urethane material. Begin with 220 grit, then inspect for small pin holes and rough edges. They will need to be filled with spot putty, you can use 3M 5896a plastic repair or Evercoat 417, and then sand with 320 grit.
3. Repeat wash after sanding using the same process as before.
4. It is always important to keep the parts very warm during these processes, some parts may have lost original shape during shipment. Warming carefully under heaters or infrared lamps will allow parts to return to their original shape.
5. Wipe foilers with Sherman Williams SC159 anti-static plastic cleaner and a lint-free soft towel; other products may be used but this is the highly recommended by CPX.
6. Spray foilers with Bulldog aerosol or DuPont adhesion promoter.
7. Spray sealer to fill pin holes.
8. Spray paint foilers with DuPont Cromax Pro Base Coat, then DuPont 2400s or Nason 460-00 clear coat.
9. Light color sanding and buffing may be required to duplicate factory finish. This should only be done by a professional detailer or body shop.
CPX patented foilers have been designed, tested and inspected to the most rigorous standards.
Foilers are manufactured from the highest quality automotive grade polyurethane for strength and durability. Painted foilers are coated with DuPont Cromax polyurethane waterborne paint in a variety of custom/factory matched finishes. Each foiler kit includes detailed instructions, adhesion promoter and commercial grade 3M automotive adhesive tape.
CPX USA is not responsible for improper use or installation of CPX foilers.
CPX USA offers a limited lifetime structural warranty that their foiler products are free from manufacturer's defects in material and / or workmanship. The paint finish will be warranted to the original purchaser for the period of 5 years / 50,000 miles which ever comes first. This warranty will be void if the product has been altered, abused, or incorrectly installed. CPX foilers are painted to factory color code specifications and may vary.
If the product is determined to be defective by CPX or an authorized retailer, CPX will agree to repair or replace without charge (excluding freight or installation labor) to the original owner. The product must be returned to CPX either directly or through the original point of purchase retailer. All warranty product will have final determination upon inspection at the CPX factory.