The ignition system is designed to create a spark that will ignite the fuel/air mixture in the engine's cylinder. It must create a spark strong enough to burn the air/fuel mixture for easy engine starting and optimum fuel mileage as well as control the timing of the spark so it occurs at the exact right time. The performance ignition system creates a more powerful spark which ensures complete combustion, thus boosting the engine's horsepower. Upgrade the ignition system of your vehicle to get full combustion and maximum horsepower from your Chrysler PT Cruiser.
In our store we offer performance ignition systems for your Chrysler PT Cruiser to get the most out of your engine. We cooperate with globally renowned manufacturers such as Karlyn STI, Accel, SMD, and more providing second-to-none ignition controllers, direct ignition coils, spark plugs, and other products at attractive prices. We guarantee the finest quality and reliability of all products, and performance ignition parts are no exception. Check out our online catalog and select appropriate performance parts for your Chrysler PT Cruiser. Enjoy our user-friendly navigation and find everything you need within a few seconds. You can easily place an order right from your home or office.
- Pulstar® PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse PlugPlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug by Pulstar®. PlasmaCore Series Inconel Electrode Pulse Plug provides great fuel efficiency as well as better performance. Moreover this part will give you better throttle response and...Increased horsepowerBetter torque$14.95 - $179.40
- Bosch® Spark Plug Wire SetSpark Plug Wire Set by Bosch®. Switch from your OE spark plug wire set to the high-quality Mag core wire set from Bosch. Stainless steel Mag winding delivers maximum voltage to the spark plug for a hotter, more powerful, and longer...Opti-layer Mag technology for superior lifetime performanceReduces the chance for misfire and eliminates radio static$10.30 - $406.45
- Bosch® Platinum Spark PlugPlatinum Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Only Bosch uses a platinum center electrode that’s heat-fused into a ceramic insulator. All Bosch Platinum Series Spark Plugs reach self-cleaning temperature faster for quicker starts, smoother...Delivers quick starts and smooth accelerationLower ignition voltage requirement provides reliable cold weather starting and superior operation under all driving conditions$4.70 - $7.64
- Haltech® ECU Ignition CoilUniversal ECU Ignition Coil by Haltech®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by Haltech features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is manufactured...Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performanceRight for your vehicle and lifestyle$56.00 - $105.00
- Crane Cams® Pro-Curve Billet DistributorPro-Curve Billet Distributor by Crane Cams®. Designed utilizing the latest technology, this product by Crane Cams features premium quality and will perform better than advertised. Perfect for your vehicle and lifestyle, it is...Cap-Style: Male/HEICap Attachment Style: Screw down$322.08 - $345.42
- Karlyn STI® Spark Plug Wire SetSpark Plug Wire Set by Karlyn STI®. The purpose of good wire insulation is to protect the cable from voltage leaks. The single most important factor for rating insulation performance is the type of material used and not the...Spiral CoreStainless Steel Magnetic Conductive Winding$10.24 - $429.23
- Accel® DIS Super CoilDIS Super Coil by Accel®. Accel DIS ignition coils feature high dielectric strength "ACCEL Yellow" over molded housing, advanced bobbin technology, specialized magnetic steel core and optimum windings for higher energy and voltage...The finest quality at a great priceImproves your engine's performance$41.79 - $65.25
- Bosch® Super Plus Spark PlugSuper Plus Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Bosch Super Plus delivers outstanding durability and reliability you want for your vehicle. Its tapered, v-profile ground electrode makes for better starting in cold weather and improved...Heavy-duty yttrium-enhanced copper core center electrode for a 50% longer performance life vs. even OE plugsTapered, v-profile nickel chromium ground electrode for improved starting in cold weather and increased fuel ignitability$2.50 - $9.30
- Karlyn STI® Ignition CoilIgnition Coil by Karlyn STI®. Coil Pack replaces the distributor. It features electronically controlled pack of ignition coils controled by the car's computer and as distributor it is used to create the spark for all engine...Increases the amount of horsepowersBetters combustion$23.45 - $153.61
- MSD® Ignition CoilIgnition Coil by MSD®. MSD is excited to introduce several new coils to the Street Fire line. These coils mount directly in place of factory style versions and accept the OEM connectors as well. Performance output is improved...Improved high rpm operationPatented winding design and materials$50.95 - $444.95
- Bosch® Platinum Ir Fusion™ Spark PlugPlatinum Ir Fusion™ Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 4. If you want the best for your engine, try Platinum Ir Fusion spark plugs. Their fused iridium and platinum center electrode with exclusive surface air gap firing technology...Fused iridium and platinum center electrode, sintered into an extended insulator nose reaches self-cleaning temperature only seconds after starting and provides exceptional wear resistanceTapered shape of the ground electrode reduces flame shrouding for improved combustion and more power$8.97 - $11.84
- Bosch® OE Fine Wire Spark PlugOE Fine Wire Spark Plug by Bosch®. Pack of 1. Bosch introduces the new OE Fine Wire Spark Plug family, which consists of Iridium, Double Platinum and Platinum plugs. Built around OE technology, these new lines have an original...OE specific design360-degree continuous laser welded platinum tip for durability and long life$3.40 - $18.21
- Crane Cams® Race Billet DistributorRace Billet Distributor by Crane Cams®. High-performance engine builders and street tuners who crave for maximum performance out of their vehicle, choose these top-grade performance products painstakingly designed by Crane Cams....Designed to unlock more performance out of your vehicleBump up engine power to the next level$234.69 - $361.58
- Taylor Cable® 8mm Street Thunder Ignition Wire Set8mm Street Thunder Ignition Wire Set by Taylor Cable®. Get great performance at an extremely affordable price with Taylor’s Street Thunder ignition wires. These 8mm wires deliver all of the performance in your street car.Low-resistance Kevlar helically spiral wound core conductor500 ohms resistance for EMI and RFI suppression$23.21 - $92.18
- Nitrode® Performance Spark PlugPerformance Spark Plug by Nitrode®. The Nitrode™ spark plugs is positioned to be the world's "greenest" most environmentally friendly spark plugs on the planet. Reducing fuel consumption and emissions while producing more power...The Nitrode™ is made with a proprietary ceramic exclusively used for this spark plugThis unique ceramic is over 10% harder than any ceramic know today$6.95
Guides & Articles
- Performance Ignition SystemsThe Benefits of a Performance Ignition DistributorSince their inception at the start of the 20th century, motor vehicles with gasoline burning engines have needed a precise way to deliver an electrical spark to each of the engine's cylinders. (Note that diesel engines do not rely on an electrical spark to ignite the fuel-air mixture.) For much of the past 100 years, the spark has been delivered by the ignition distributor. The distributor is always mechanically linked or timed to the engine's rotation so that the spark is sent at the exact moment it is needed.
- Performance Engine PartsPerforming a Basic Engine Tune UpThis article will guide you through a generic tune up on most any car or light duty gasoline-powered vehicle built within the last 20 years or so. We will presume that you are tuning up your engine because it has reached the mileage or time point to do so, and that you are NOT performing a tune up to cure an engine performance defect. We make this distinction because not all running/performance issues will be solved via a simple tune up.
- Ignition PartsUnderstanding The Different Types Of Spark PlugsSince the dawn of the automobile, spark plugs have been an integral part of gasoline engines because they conduct the electrical energy from a vehicle’s ignition system needed to finalize the combustion process. After the gas/air mixture has been fully compressed inside the cylinder head, spark plugs serve a miniature bolt of lightning to create an explosion which pushes a piston downward.
Chrysler PT Cruiser Performance Ignition Systems Reviews
2011 Jeep Wrangler