Custom Car Covers
How to Choose the Best Car Cover?
Our car expert Greg will tell you in detail what to pay attention to when shopping for a car cover
The Ultimate Car Cover Guide
The guide explains all available car cover features & options in great detail
- Rampage®Easyfit 4-Layer Truck CoverUniversal Easyfit 4-Layer Truck Cover by Rampage®. The 4-Layer non-woven polypropylene material is breathable and repels water, without trapping moisture. The soft and durable backing pampers the paint finish and protects your truck...$47.20 - $81.90
- Rampage®Gray Easyfit 4-Layer Truck Bed Cover (1330)Universal Gray Easyfit 4-Layer Truck Bed Cover (1330) by Rampage®. Fits Regular, Extended or Crew Cab with 5.5'-6' Bed. The 4-Layer non-woven polypropylene material is breathable and repels water, without trapping moisture. The soft and...$47.20
Your car's finish is under continual assault. Outdoors, the obvious perpetrators are the elements, tree sap, and bird droppings, but even inside the garage dust can act as an abrasive, and bicycle handlebars and tight quarters can cause scrapes and scratches. Repairing body damage is expensive. Be proactive and choose the smart, economical alternative – use a car cover. We have covers to protect every size vehicle in any kind of environment.
We offer both universal and custom fit covers. If you’re on a tight budget, the former is better than no cover at all, but we strongly recommend a custom cover. Like a custom tailored suit, a custom cover is made to fit the specific contours and features of your vehicle’s body. Mirror and antenna pockets, along with allowances for any other particular features, are sewn in as needed. The result is a cover that fits like a glove and won’t flap in the wind.
Along with deciding between universal and custom fit, you'll also have to choose the material that’s best for the environment where you store your vehicle. We have indoor and indoor/outdoor covers to suit a variety of weather conditions. Indoor covers are designed to keep your car clean and protect against minor bumps and scratches. Indoor covers are usually lightweight, and available in cotton, flannel, satin and high-tech fabrics like Dustop™ that have barriers against dirt and dust. While all are gentle to your vehicle's finish, some are available with extra soft fleece lining.
If you store your vehicle outdoors, match the fabric to the weather conditions you encounter most. A lightweight cover will work if conditions are mostly cool and dry. Where more rain and snow is encountered, fabrics like NOAH® resist moisture yet "breathe", allowing any trapped moisture to escape. For extreme wet climates we offer fabrics that literally shed water as soon as it hits the cover, and for areas with intense sun and heat, we have fabrics that resist damaging UV rays and help keep the vehicle cooler. Most outdoor covers have built-in grommets where the cover can be secured with an optional lock and cable.
Along with car covers, we also offer several specialty covers. Cab coolers shield a pickup cab from the sun, and interior covers protect convertibles when the top is down. The Carband® is a tight fitting, self-securing band of impact absorbing material designed to protect your car against dings when parked, while the Auto Snow Shield covers the windshield, roof and side windows, enabling you to remove snow and ice from your car in less than 60 seconds. For the ultimate in indoor protection, ensconce your car within a CarCapsule®, an inflatable vinyl bubble that completely isolates your vehicle from potential damage.
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- September 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...
- March 10, 2017What Is The Best Outdoor Car Cover For The...If you’re an auto enthusiast without a garage, seeing your beloved ride exposed to the elements can be painful. Warm climates have scorching sun that fades paint and...
- February 27, 2017Bubble Covers | The Ultimate Collector Car...If your vehicle is an extremely prized possession, you take the best care of it whenever you're behind the wheel, detailing it, wrenching under the hood, or doing...
- February 16, 2017Five Reasons To Use An Indoor Cover On Your...If you’re lucky enough to have a garage, barn, or other covered area to store your car, consider yourself ahead of most automotive enthusiasts. It is out of the...
- May 15, 2012Should I Get a Custom-Fit or a Universal Car...Just as with an indoor cover, if you regularly drive your car you’ll want a cover that is light and easy to handle, whereas a cover for long term storage can be...