Buick Wildcat Accessories & Parts
- Starting & Charging
- Suspension Parts
- Brake Parts
- Engine Parts
- Exhaust Parts
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel Delivery
- Steering Parts
- Driveline & Axles
- Electrical Parts
- A/C and Heating
- Transmission Parts
- Ignition Parts
- Emission Control
- Air Intake Parts
- Oils, Fluids, Lubricants
- Auto Repair Manuals
- Auto Detailing
- Automotive Tools
The Buick Wildcat, a head-turning muscle car popular in the mid-1960s, started Buick's quest for high performance and power and gave its name to several Buick engines developed during these years. The first Buick Wildcat was released in 1962 under the official name the Wildcat Sport Coupe. It was the part of the Invicta line, but the Wildcat had bucket seats, transmission shifter, a center console with tachometer, and a rear floor lamp. It got the well-known Dynaflow transmission and received a significantly improved suspension to deliver better handling. It was a sporty but heavy vehicle, often called a 'family-sized sports car'. The 1963 model year was marked by further expansion of the Wildcat line to three models: Model 4639 (the four-door hardtop), Model 4667 (the two-door convertible), and Model 4647 (the two-door sport coupe). The four-door 1963 Wildcat was the most popular.
During the next years Buick continued to improve the Wildcat and added two optional engines to a standard 401 cid V8, a 425 cid V8 delivering 340 bhp and a top of the line 425 cid V8 pumping out 360 bhp. The suspension was also improved since curb weight was increased. Furthermore, Buick expanded a model line by adding a four-door sedan, Model 4669. The 1965 Wildcat got a new stylish design which was shared with the LeSabre, but unique grille and badging remained. The 1966 model year pleased performance fans with a one-year-only Wildcat Gran Sport Performance Group package with a A8/Y48 option. The 1967 year brought a hefty 430 cid V8 engine and a Super Turbine 400 transmission. The 1970 model year was the last for the Buick Wildcat. That year it got a powerful 455 cid engine, considered to be the largest Buick V8 engine ever at the time.
In addition to the model line, Buick also has several Wildcat concept cars. The 1953 Wildcat I, the 1954 Wildcat II and the 1955 Wildcat III were all designed under the management of Harley Earl, a pioneer of modern automotive design. The 1953 Wildcat I is one of Buick's first cars made using fiberglass. The Buick Wildcat II, a sports convertible concept car, was recognized as the sportiest Buick model in the 1950's. The Wildcat II was designed with a clear allusion to the English Jaguar, insomuch that its hood was decorated with a jumping cat figure. The Wildcat III was a 4-passenger convertible with a reinforced fiberglass body. Unfortunately, it was never officially verified. The 1985 Buick Wildcat was developed to be used for engineering tests, as well as touring the nation alongside a CART Indy racer. In 1997, Buick created another concept car, the Buick Riviera Wildcat.
The Buick Wildcat took a well-deserved place among the American muscle cars. Sporty, luxurious, bold, and simultaneously heavy, these eye-catching vehicles were quite versatile, being great for family use and ideal for the open road. And it's always up to you to keep your Wildcat in good running order or be ready to make this fabulous vehicle uniquely your own with stylish accessories available in our online store.
CARiD proudly presents a large inventory of top-quality, affordable accessories and parts for your Buick Wildcat. That means we collaborate with top manufacturers and offer premium products at an attractive price in order to meet your highest demands and expectations. We will provide your Wildcat with parts and accessories designed to keep it in tip top shape. This is a great opportunity to take care of your vehicle the way it deserves. So do it with Buick Wildcat parts and accessories offered on CARiD.com.
Whatever you expect from your Buick Wildcat, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Buick Wildcat and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
- $56.49 - $59.35
- $59.40 - $62.67
- $40.80 - $99.96
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- June 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...
- January 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...
- January 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...
- December 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...
- November 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...
- September 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...
- July 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...
- July 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...
- June 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...
- May 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...
- May 16, 2017Four Great Reasons to Use a Spare Tire CoverSpare tire covers: You’ve seen them everywhere on the backs of Jeeps and SUVs, but maybe you’ve been hesitant about getting one for your own 4x4. In this article,...
- May 15, 2017The Five Best Reasons to Spring For an...Since time began, camping outdoors has had a strong allure. Once a necessity, it's now a rejuvenating way to get back to our roots by experiencing the wonders of...