Chevy CK Pickup 6.6L With Chevy Big Block 1972, BB-2 Plus™ Series Complete Cylinder Head Top-End Package by Brodix®. Brodix top-end packages include: Fully assembled Brodix cylinder heads, Spark plugs, Head gaskets, intake gaskets, exhaust gaskets, carburetor gaskets, and valve cover gaskets, Valve covers with studs and nuts, Head bolts and washers, Intake bolts and washers.
|Intake Runner Volume: 312|
|Combustion Chamber Volume: 119|
|Intake Exhaust Valve Diameter: 2.250 / 1.880|
|Spring Seat Pressure: 240|
|Spring Diameter: 1.550|
|Retainer Material: ST|
- Designed to deliver trouble-free, consistent performance
- Right for your vehicle and lifestyle
- Made from high-quality materials for ultimate durability
- Manufactured to meet or exceed strict quality requirements
Big Block Chevy Top End Kits Include:
- Complete Cylinder Heads
- HV 2000 Intake Manifold (4150 Series)
- Tall Cast Aluminum Valve Covers with Studs and Nuts
- Valve Cover, Intake, Exhaust, Carburetor and Head Gaskets
- Head Bolts with Washers
- Intake Bolts with Washers
- Spark Plugs
- Brodix Hat
Cylinder Head Specifications
- Intake Port Volume: 312cc - Rectangle Port
- Combustion Chamber Volume: 119cc
- Valves: 2.250'' dia. x 5.218'' o.a.l. Intake / 1.880'' dia. x 5.394'' o.a.l. Exhaust ( 11/32'' Stem Diameter )
- Valve Springs: 1.550'' Diameter - Open Pressure: 550 lbs.; Closed Pressure: 240 lbs.; Installed Height: 1.950''; Max Lift: .700''
- Spring Retainers: 1.550'' 10° Steel
- Rocker Studs: 7/16''
- Guide Plates: 3/8''
- Valve Seals: 11/32''
- Spark Plug Configuration: Angled
Facts and Related Components
- Torque Heads: 70 ft-lb.
- Torque Rocker Studs: 40-45 ft-lb.
- Intake Gasket: Brodix p/n 158-MG2001, Fel-Pro p/n 375-1252-3, Cometic p/n 245-C5428
- Head Gasket: 4.310'' Bore - Fel-Pro p/n 375-1027, Cometic p/n 245-C5432; 4.540'' Bore - Fel-Pro p/n 375-1017, Cometic p/n 245-C5433
- Exhaust Gasket: Fel-Pro p/n 375-1411 or Cometic p/n 245-C5429
- Head Bolts: ARP p/n 070-135-3606, Manley p/n 660-42192
- Head Studs: ARP p/n 070-235-4702 (12-point)
- Spark Plug Specs: 14mm Thread, .750'' (3/4'') Reach, Gasket Seat
- Valve Angle: 26° and 4° Intake, 17° and 4° Exhaust
- Angle Milling: .0066'' per cc
- Flat Milling: .0050'' per cc
- Pushrod Slots: Standard
- Pushrods: Check pushrod clearance with head installed on the engine block before final assembly
- Stud Girdle: Standard, Brodix p/n 158-1230
- Rocker Arms: Standard
- Lifters: Standard
- Pistons: Standard
- Exhaust Pattern: Raised .600''
- Valve Centerline: Standard
- Spring Pockets: May not be cut any larger or deeper than 1.625''
- Accessory Bolt Holes are Drilled
312cc Intake Port Volume. 1.550'' Diameter Valve Springs - 550# Open, 240# Closed Spring Pressure. The BB-1 features a CNC'd intake port match and bowls are blended while the intake ports, exhaust ports and combustion chambers remain as casted. The STS series BB-1 head comes completely CNC-ported with a 305cc intake port and flows over 370 cfm maximum port velocity. The BB-2 and BB-2 PLUS head works well with a heavy car and smaller displacement engine (427-509ci). The BB-2 has an as-cast 305cc intake port and flows 320 cfm; the BB-2 PLUS has an as-cast 312cc intake port and flows over 340 cfm with only the bowls blended and the intake ports matched. The 119cc combustion chambers are properly shaped for use with either methanol or gasoline, preventing detonation. While creating the 100% CNC Ported STS series BB-2 PLUS, the professionals at Brodix invested many long hours on the flow bench and at the track developing a completely ported cylinder head. Brodix incorporated this porting design into a ported masterpiece that can be mass produced. The STS BB-2 PLUS heads are CNC-ported to a mirror finish and flow within 1% of each other. The bottom line is that Brodix builds you the most accurate, best flowing out-of-the-box cylinder heads available at the best price. All of these cylinder heads accept standard pistons, intake manifolds, and rocker arms. The exhaust ports are raised 0.600'' higher than stock, and the valve cover rails are raised to assure no oil leakage. Every casting is poured from A-356 virgin aluminum and tested before Brodix utilizes their in-house processes such as finish machining and heat treating to assure that you receive the best products for your hard-earned money. The industry standard has been taken to the next level with modernized CNC porting. Other features include a thick deck surface that is compatible with nitrous, drilled and tapped holes on the ends for standard drive accessories, phosphorous bronze valve guides and hardened valve seats installed for unleaded fuel. Sold Individually, 1/pkg. Made in the USA!
Brodix® is a well-reputed brand in the automotive industry that takes pride in offering the highest-quality and the most innovative aftermarket parts. Everything from cylinder heads, aluminum and cast iron blocks to manifolds, and many other automotive parts, Brodix has you covered with what you need to make your vehicle perform at its peak. Brodix originated from a jobbing foundry, which produced all types of high-quality aluminum castings. The business officially known as “Brodix” has operated since 1979 and enjoyed many successes over the years in every form of auto racing. Many records, championships, and titles have been won with Brodix products. Now it’s your turn to rule the track with Brodix performance parts!