500 Watt AC/DC Portable Professional Power Station by Black & Decker®. Have 5V, 12V and 120V AC power at your fingertips wherever you need it, whether it’s for power-outage emergencies, camping or running a laptop at an unpowered worksite. You can also jump-start a car with a dead battery the simple way, without having to maneuver a second car next to the engine compartment.
- Alternate 12V power source for power outage emergencies or charging needs
- 500W inverter supplies modified sine wave waveform, suitable of most electronics
- Jump starts your vehicle's battery without the need of another vehicle
- Reverse connection warning provides audible and visual alarm
- Built-in 120V AC charger recharges unit with standard household extension cord
- USB charging port
- 12V DC accessory outlet
- USB power indicator
- Battery status LED indicators
- Reverse polarity indicator
- LED area lighting on rear panel
- Battery power level button
- Assembled Depth (in.): 16 in
- Assembled Height (in.): 6 in
- Assembled Width (in.): 13.25 in
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
- Product Depth (in.): 16
- Product Height (in.): 6
- Product Width (in.): 13.25
- Returnable: 90-Day
Black & Decker’s Professional Power Station is a great source of 120V AC power in an emergency or on the jobsite, including not only a 12V lighter plug but also a 5V USB socket for charging laptops or cell phones. The AC output waveform of this converter is known as a modified sine wave. It is a stepped waveform that has characteristics similar to the sine wave shape of utility power. This type of waveform is suitable for most AC loads, including linear and switching power supplies used in electronic equipment, transformers, and small motors.
With reverse polarity protection, it’s impossible to hook it up backwards and damage your battery or the vehicle’s fragile electronics. It recharges readily from an ordinary household extension cord. Consider one for camping, for lighting near the tent, and to power a radio while you charge your cellphone. Who said camping was roughing it? It’s also a reassuring source of emergency power during power outages. This convenient jump-starter will start a car with a dead battery in seconds, by boosting your battery with its own internal battery. Forget driving over the lawn, or pushing a non-starting car out to a place where you can run jumper cables to a dead battery; and that’s if you even have a second car available for that jump start.
Black & Decker is the 300-lb. gorilla of portable power tools, and since they patented the hand-held portable pistol-grip electric drill in 1916, it’s no wonder. They’ve also pioneered the cordless tool revolution, while maintaining industry leadership in the corded tool market. While Black & Decker tools are manufactured in 11 countries, they are marketed in more than 100.