Motorsport Series Driver or Passenger Side Monotube Strut by Bilstein®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. Motorsports Strut provides racers with a wide selection of travel lengths and valving options and can be adapted to most MacPherson strut suspension systems. CA Prop 65 WARNING - This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, and/or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- It’s recommended to replace shock or strut in pairs (passenger and driver side at the same time).
- California Proposition 65 Warning
|Finish: Olive-Drab Zinc|
|Lower Mounting: Housing|
|Upper Mounting: Stem|
|Diameter: 1.42" (36.1 mm)|
- Monotube internal design
- Large 46mm linear piston with precise valving profiles
- 50mm OD, hard-chromed strut insert tube for strength
- 14mm piston rod for added side-load support
- Increased oil and nitrogen chamber volume for consistent performance at high operating temperatures
- High-temperature motorsport shock oil
- 100 micron stainless steel breather vent located at the base of the strut housing
In 1954, Bilstein® was the first to realize the potential offered by an idea of Prof. Bourcier de Carbon, a French researcher in the field of vibrations. The aim was to eliminate the physical disadvantages of the conventional telescopic shock absorbers, whilst at the same time making the dampers lighter and able to be fitted in any position. The name Bilstein has for many decades been closely associated with high tech in the field of suspension design, driving comfort and safety. In order to expand this position in the future, Bilstein became a division of ThyssenKrupp Technologies AG in 1988, and a wholly-owned subsidiary in 2005. The partnership and co-operation within the group will enable the company to continue to inspire with innovations in the traditional Bilstein way.