Universal Snow Socks for Cars by AutoSock®. Sold as a Pair. AutoSock uses recyclable thermoplastic PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) to synthesize a special high friction textile fabric. The fabric’s fibers, which become hairier with use, are arranged in a specific pattern in order to optimize grip. The specially developed textile has the advantage of reducing water film found between the icy and snowy road and the tire, (generated for example by heat from the sun, or wheel spin), thereby providing high tenacity, excellent friction properties, operational safety and durability. Due to the soft textile nature of this non-corrosive and environmentally friendly product, the AutoSock traction aid does not cause expensive damage to road surfaces.
- Montana, Nevada, Utah, Vermont and Wyoming do not currently recognize AutoSock as an equivalent to metal chains when their DOTs require the use of chains. However AutoSock is okay to use in those states at all other times when their DOTs have not issued a specific directive requiring the use of chains.
- Sold as a Pair
- Perfect temporary winter aid for vehicles
- Approved by TÜV SÜD and leading car manufacturers
- Certified as a snow chain equivalent in most states
- Easy and fast to fit and remove, even in cold or difficult weather
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Comfortable while driving – does not cause noise or vibrations
- Reusable and machine washable
- Recyclable and environmental friendly
- Usable with alloy rims - even when metal chains are not allowed!
- No damage to alloy rims
- Works on all vehicles with low clearance between tire and car body
- Improves electronic safety systems (ABS, ESP)
AutoSock® consists millions of high performance fibers with a very high friction coefficient, which are arranged in an intelligent manner. They work all by themself as micro traction assistances and together as a macro traction aid, whereby both the grip and the safety is increased while driving. By and during the practical use a large number of these filaments becomes open. This results in a hair-like textile surface, which increases the degree of grip again. In other words, the grip-capability and the safety improve increasingly with the use of the product.
AutoSock®, based in Norway, is the company that designed and developed the 'snow sock'. All the products of AutoSock are approved by TÜV, a world leading test and certification association. AutoSock products are supplied as Original Equipment to numerous car manufacturers all over the world. AutoSock are textile 'snow socks' made of high-tech fibers which you pull over the wheels of a vehicle when you need extra grip during adverse winter conditions. Over the past 10 years AutoSock has developed its product from a simple prototype to a high-technology ground-breaking 'first aid' product featuring second-to-none traction and durability properties.