Subaru WRX GR Body Code 2013, 5200 Series Front and Rear Lowering Coilover Kit with 0.4"-2.4" Front and Rear Body Drop by AST Suspension®. Quantity: Sold as a Kit. The 5200 Series are 2-way adjustable shock absorbers which are based upon competition 3-way adjustable shock absorbers. The 5200 shock absorbers are adjustable in compression and rebound. The design of the compression adjuster is an evolution of the compression adjuster AST Suspension provided for the American Grand-Am series for the last few years. The 5200 shock absorbers were designed to achieve a quick and easy set up, allowing separate adjustment of compression and rebound. In the 5200 Series AST uses an external canister. Throughout testing and competitions, the 5200 has been praised for its performance and capabilities, surpassing other major, more expensive brands and setting a new standard of 2 way damper. Its no surprise that the 5200 is fast becoming a favorite damper amongst race teams and track day enthusiasts world wide.
Notes: No QDC standard included.
|Internal Design: Monotube|
|Shock Absorber Type: Gas Charged|
|Damping Type: Normal|
|Adjustment Type: Double Adjustment|
|Rebound Adjustment: Yes|
|Compression Adjustment: Yes|
|Coilovers Class: Street, Track, Race|
|Reservoir: With External Reservoir|
|Front Upper Mount Type: 0|
|Rear Upper Mount Type: 0|
- High end, track ready suspension that is totally streetable
- Fully upgradeable to 5300 spec
- Rebound and Compression Adjustable ('Doubles'), with a remote reservoir
- Remote reservoirs allow additional travel and heat dissipation
- 44.5mm diameter shaft struts, Inverted
- New low friction seal on all AST dampers
- Spherical lower ''eye'' shock mounts
- Reservoir with hose or piggyback
- Spherical upper shock mount assemblies
- Synthetic hydraulic fluid
- Optional DLC Coated shafts
- Optional DDP piston (double digressive)
- Premium quality, high-performance suspension parts
- Will help you build a suspension with unique capabilities
- Used by performance enthusiasts and race teams around the world
- Race-proven technology for better suspension geometry
- Improved heavy lateral and braking loads
- Guaranteed to increase your ride's handling, stability, and control
- Made exceptionally strong to go the distance and bring you to the winner's lane
- Suitable for almost any use or application on and off the race track
- Hand-built in Holland
- (2) Front Coilover Shock Absorbers
- (2) Rear Shock Absorbers
- (4) Front and Rear Coil Springs
- (2) Snaper Wrench
- Hardware Kit
How a Monotube design works?
Monotube design is essential for performance. The oil and nitrogen are separated by a floating piston, and allows the use of a larger piston, increasing the damper performance and sensitivity felt by the driver, all this added together produces more grip, gives more control and driver feedback from your vehicle.
What is a rebound adjustment?
Rebound controls the rate of extension of your shock absorber. By changing the rebound you can directly change the characteristics of the vehicle.
Advanced Suspension Technology® (AST) was founded by two motorsport enthusiasts in late 2000. Their technical expertise in suspension development and industrial manufacturing pushed AST to the forefront even in the early stages of the company. Today, the company is globally recognized as a foremost manufacturer of innovative suspension systems and components. AST made its name through unparalleled quality control and manufacturing flexibility, setting it apart from many others in the suspension industry. AST shock absorbers and other exhaust components are products of choice of numerous car manufacturers and racing teams worldwide.