Universal GT-250 Adjustable Rear Wing by APR Performance®. These are super lightweight, made using pre-pregnated carbon fiber processes. All GT Series wings feature an all-new, low-drag, aerodynamic 2D designed airfoil shape. The "2D" design allows the wing to maintain a consistent level of downforce across its entire span. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis was performed on this wing to support validation of its aerodynamic design. Each GT Series airfoil is composed of lightweight and durable carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) composite materials.
|Installation Type: Bolt-On|
|Material: Carbon Fiber|
|Third Brake Light: Without|
|Pattern: 2x2 twill weave|
|Coating: UV-stable clear coat|
|Mounting: 6061 billet aluminum brackets/pedestals that come in a flat black powder coat finish with application-specific bottom mounting bases|
- Best-in-class Lift vs Drag (L/D) ratio ensures peak performance
- Angle adjustment holes allow for easy tuning of downforce
- Reinforced pre-preg carbon fiber withstands extreme loads
- The APR Performance GT Adjustable Wing features a 2D airfoil shape that is designed to produce great downforce with minimal drag
- The GT Series airfoil is composed of lightweight and durable pre-preg carbon fiber composite materials for superior strength and low weight
- Side plate angles are easily adjusted using the included stainless-steel hardware
- Supporting the airfoils are 10mm "aircraft grade" 6061 billet aluminum pedestals that come in a flat black powder coat finish
- Modeled in 3D and validated using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), the APR Performance GT Adjustable Wing is designed to adapt to a variety of widebody sports and touring car applications
- Built to take quality to a new level and deliver peak performance
- Meticulously engineered with top-of-the-line technology
- Expertly built from super strong yet lightweight materials
- Thoroughly tested to withstand extreme conditions
- Rear Wing
- Gurney flap (pre-installed) - 1 Piece
- Mounting Hardware: Stainless-steel machine screws, washers, and nuts
These airfoils contain pre-pregnated woven carbon fiber sheets for superior strength and low weight. All CFRP airfoils are made using pre-pregnated composite manufacturing processes (i.e. high-temperature autoclave and vacuum bagging) in high-quality aluminum billet molds.
History of the Gurney Flap
The Gurney flap (a.k.a. wickerbill) is an aerodynamic device that was originally pioneered and developed in the 1970s by a racing driver named Dan Gurney. Unbeknownst to his competition, this device was used to increase downforce while minimizing increase in drag. He found that not only did this device increase the lift/drag (L/D) ratios, it also increased the stalling angles (so he could operate the airfoils at greater pitch angles). It took a few years for everyone else to catch on to its purpose, and now, the Gurney flap (or similar device) can be seen in race cars and even airplanes all over the world.
Warning. User assumes full responsibility for ensuring proper installation as intended. Professional installation by well-qualified personnel is highly recommended. The vehicle applications shown above are intended to work as a complete system when installed onto original vehicle body parts (i.e. trunk lids, hatches, etc.). To insure proper function and reliability, APR advises against modification or substitution of any component of the intended installation. Any modification or substitution of the airfoil, side plates, pedestals, mounting bases, mounting brackets, or hardware included with the wing kit may create unsafe operating conditions and ultimately cause this system to fail. Substitution of original vehicle manufacturer parts needed for the intended installation (i.e. rear trunk lid or rear hatch) with non-original parts may also create unsafe operating conditions and ultimately cause this system to fail.
Since 1999, APR Performance® has been a market leader in producing and manufacturing high quality aerodynamic performance products for the aftermarket automobile industry. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis, combined with real-world track testing, help to ensure products meet stringent performance specifications. Proprietary manufacturing processes utilizing pre-preg. carbon fiber composites help to produce products that are durable, lightweight, and of the highest quality.