Universal GT-250 Adjustable Swan Neck Rear Wing by APR Performance®. Material: Carbon Fiber. Installation Type: Bolt-On. Length: 71". These airfoils contain pre-pregnated woven carbon fiber sheets for superior strength and low weight. Designed using state-of-the-art technology and with customers in mind. It will meet your needs and deliver great quality at an affordable cost. Professional installation by well-qualified personnel is highly recommended.
Notes: Upper brackets shown in photos are raw aluminum (for illustration purposes only).
|Pattern: 2x2 twill weave|
|Material: Pre-preg carbon fiber, 3K|
|Coating: UV-stable clear coat|
|Mounting: 6061 billet aluminum brackets/pedestals (no mounting bases included), custom fabrication of chassis-mounts required (double-shear recommended)|
|Hardware: Stainless-steel machine screws, washers, and nuts|
|Swan neck pedestal dimensions: 32" overall height x 13.5" overall width x 3/8" thickness|
|Standard swan neck pedestal-to-pedestal length: 23" (custom lengths can be accommodated up to 50")|
|Wing measurement: Custom span Up to 71", 10" chord|
- More downforce than the GT-250 standard pedestal version
- Angle adjustment holes allow for easy tuning of downforce
- Reinforced pre-preg carbon fiber withstands extreme loads
- The APR Performance GT-250 Adjustable Wing Swan Neck features a 2D airfoil shape that is designed to produce great downforce with minimal drag. Swan neck pedestals prevent downforce-robbing flow separation commonly found in standard bottom-mount pedestals. The swan neck design allows greater Angle-of-Attack (AOA) before stalling occurs, when compared to standard bottom-mount pedestal configurations
- The GT Series airfoil is composed of lightweight and durable pre-preg carbon fiber composite materials for superior strength and low weight. For the swan neck application, the airfoils are internally reinforced differently from the non-swan neck airfoils
- Supporting the airfoils are 10mm "aircraft grade" 6061 billet aluminum swan neck pedestals that come in a flat black powder coat finish. Each swan neck pedestal is also "knife-edged" at the trailing edge, to minimize the amount of "dirty" air that reaches the airfoil
- Modeled in 3D and validated using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), the APR Performance GT-250 Adjustable Wing is designed to adapt to a variety of widebody sports and touring car applications
- Built to take quality to a new level and deliver peak performance
- Meticulously engineered with top-of-the-line technology
- Expertly built from super strong yet lightweight materials
- Thoroughly tested to withstand extreme conditions
All GT Series wings feature an all-new, low-drag, aerodynamic 2D designed airfoil shape. The "2D" design allows the wing to maintain a consistent level of downforce across its entire span. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis was performed on this wing to support validation of its aerodynamic design. Each GT Series airfoil is composed of lightweight and durable carbon fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) composite materials. All CFRP airfoils are made using pre-pregnated composite manufacturing processes (i.e. high-temperature autoclave and vacuum bagging) in high-quality aluminum billet molds. This product is made of high-quality materials to serve you for years to come.
Warning. User assumes full responsibility for ensuring proper installation as intended. Professional installation by well-qualified personnel is highly recommended. The vehicle applications shown above are intended to work as a complete system when installed onto original vehicle body parts (i.e. trunk lids, hatches, etc.). To insure proper function and reliability, APR advises against modification or substitution of any component of the intended installation. Any modification or substitution of the airfoil, side plates, pedestals, mounting bases, mounting brackets, or hardware included with the wing kit may create unsafe operating conditions and ultimately cause this system to fail. Substitution of original vehicle manufacturer parts needed for the intended installation (i.e. rear trunk lid or rear hatch) with non-original parts may also create unsafe operating conditions and ultimately cause this system to fail.
Since 1999, APR Performance® has been a market leader in producing and manufacturing high quality aerodynamic performance products for the aftermarket automobile industry. Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis, combined with real-world track testing, help to ensure products meet stringent performance specifications. Proprietary manufacturing processes utilizing pre-preg. carbon fiber composites help to produce products that are durable, lightweight, and of the highest quality.