Limited Warranty For Alcoa® Wheels
This limited warranty applies to new Alcoa® Wheels, including forged aluminum wheels for medium-duty and heavy-duty trucks, truck trailers, as well as bus, RV or motorhome wheels and the surface or rim flange treatments applied to these wheels. "Transit Wheels" means wheels used on transit vehicles, such as buses and vans, whose primary purpose is to transport people.
Alcoa warrants its wheels to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the applicable time period set forth below:
- Wheels are warranted for 60 months from the date of manufacturing.
- Transit wheels, as well as RV and motor home wheels are warranted for 120 months from the date of manufacturing.
Alcoa agrees, without charge, to repair or replace a wheel that fails in normal use or service because of defects in material and workmanship.
Alcoa warrants the Dura-Flange® rim flange treatment against wear which creates a sharp edge that would require maintenance for 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Alcoa warrants the Dura-Bright® surface treatment against:
- Filiform corrosion (worm or hair like lines, generally milky in appearance, underneath surface protective treatment and emanating from damage to the surface treatment such as nicks, scratches or damage from mounting hardware or wheel weights);
- Blistering or peeling due to loss of adhesion of the surface treatment; and lift off of the surface treatment due to physical damage (nicks, scratches, gouges).
- The foregoing Dura-Bright® surface treatment warranty is for the applicable period of time set forth below:
- Dura-Bright® surface treatment on wheels is warranted for 60 months from the date of manufacturing.
- Dura-Bright® surface treatment for RV and motorhome wheels is warranted for 120 months from the date of manufacturing.
If the Dura-Flange® rim flange treatment or Dura-Bright® surface treatment fail in normal use or service to meet the foregoing warranties on wheels, Alcoa agrees, without charge, to replace the defective wheel.
Qualifications: Alcoa does not warrant, and will not repair or replace or make adjustment, with respect to any wheel or surface, or rim flange treatment on such wheel, that has been subjected to misuse or abuse including any of the following:
- Using a tire which is oversized according to standards recommended by the Tire and Rim Association, Inc. or other recognized tire and rim agencies such as ETRTO (Europe);
- Loading the wheel beyond the applicable maximum wheel load as specified by Alcoa;
- Inflating tires beyond the applicable maximum as specified by Alcoa;
- Changing the original condition of the wheel by alteration or by subjecting it to any processing such as welding or straightening;
- Accidents, abnormal or severe operating conditions including without limitation tire fires, brake fires, severe brake system drags or seizures or running with a flat tire;
- Failure to follow maintenance instructions or warnings, technical bulletins or other literature for Alcoa Wheels. Recommended maintenance includes, without limitation, using proper torque, periodic cleaning, polishing, valve replacement, periodic inspection for damage and loose lug nuts and rim flange wear inspections and procedures;
- Nicks, scratches and other surface blemishes resulting from neglect, road salt, harsh conditions, improper maintenance, cleaning, road debris, curbing, accident or operation;
- Rim flange wear (unless the rim flange has been treated with Dura-Flange®);
- Using a spacer or adapter of any kind;
- Damaging the surface during tire mounting and installation due to the use of improper tools or balancing with wheel weights;
- Or damage due to cleaning with abrasives, abrasive brushes, steel wool, scouring pads or strong chemicals (acids or alkaline).
There is no warranty, express or implied, except such as is expressly set forth herein. Alcoa shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential, indirect or special damages for any breach of warranty. Alcoa’s liability and the purchaser’s exclusive remedy is limited to repair or replacement of the defective wheel as stated in this limited warranty.
This limited warranty should be used in conjunction with the Service Manual and the Dura-Bright® Wheels Cleaning Guide. The Service Manual contains important safety information and warnings. Failure to read and understand that information may result in serious injury or death.