Acura SLX Accessories & Parts
- Running Boards
- Custom Grilles
- Chrome Trim
- Body Kits
- Off-Road Bumpers
- Trailer Hitches
- Wind Deflectors
- Custom Hoods
- Roof Racks
- Car Covers
- License Plates & Frames
- Vertical Doors
- Light Covers
- Bike Racks
- Wiper Blades
- Mud Flaps
- Sunroof Visors
- Armor & Protection
- Car Tents
- Soft Tops & Hard Tops
- Spare Tire Covers & Carriers
- Snow Plows
- Custom Automotive Horns
- Auto Detailing
The Acura SLX (the name is applicable in the USA) is an upgraded and rebadged version of the Isuzu Trooper. However, it's not a new cooperation for Honda and Isuzu (the first vehicle exchange program was announced in 1994, providing Honda with the Isuzu Rodeo). The mid-size SUV was launched by Acura in 1996. 3 years later, the SLX was discontinued by reason of its poor sales. In 2001, it was replaced by the Honda Odyssey-based Acura MDX. The SLX is 183.5 inches long, 72.4 inches wide, and 72.2 inches high; the wheelbase is 108.7 inches. The SLX has its rivals in the SUV segment, including the GMC Yukon and Lincoln Navigator as well as the Ford Expedition and more affordable Chevrolet Tahoe. Notwithstanding the SLX has never been considered as a highly competitive luxury SUV, it has its advantages.
Each and every SLX's characteristic is sure thing compared with the Trooper. Some options, like the manual transmission and several engines available in the Troopers, were omitted in the SLX. The 1996-1997 Acura SLX came with a 3.2-liter DOHC V6 engine delivering 190 horsepower, while the 1998 SLX had a 3.5-liter DOHC V6 engine producing 215 hp. The fuel economy is 14 mpg in the city and 18 mpg on the highway. All SLX models came with a 4-speed automatic transmission, either in base trim or with the Premium Package. The SLX is supplied with a Borg-Warner torque-on-demand all-wheel-drive system that becomes indispensable on unpaved or slippery roads. Shifting between 2WD and 4WD can be accomplished at speeds up to 60 mph. Comparing with the Trooper, the SLX has improved on-road control, consequently its drive is softer. Meanwhile, the off-road capability of the SLX is almost equal to the Trooper's, though large bumps may cause damage of its suspension. To protect all the vital parts of the SLX, it was later equipped with skid plates. The SLX is able to haul whatever large and heavy objects, so its great advantage is rear cargo capacity. Moreover, the back door is hinged vertically which makes loading easy. The vehicle is definitely larger, taller, and wider than its competitors.
The SLX had telling underhood improvements, while its interior design with all the accessories remained almost unchanged, as opposed to the Trooper. Air conditioning, dual airbags, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes, power windows, power door locks, and a 6-speaker sound system were included as the standard SLX's equipment. Such extra options as leather upholstery, heated power front seats, an overhead console, and a power moonroof were added with the Premium Package. A newly revised instrument panel included a digital odometer and trip meter. The SLX features a more stylish look than the Isuzu Trooper – a different grille, new trims and dozens of luxury accessories and parts.
A multi-tasking SUV, the SLX burst upon the scene and held its own with a shapely answer to the burgeoning demand for larger vehicles that still delivered sensibility along with power. From a common V6 to a dual overhead cam that packed even more punch, road-weary drivers could depend on the SLX to get them where they needed to be. Stylish, comfortable, and effective, the Acura SLX made its bones by not backing down and plugging away valiantly across the contemporary landscape.
The Acura SLX Accessories and Parts are available at CARiD.com in the highest quality around. But that isn't a secret. What you should know is that we also offer what you need at the best value possible each and every time out. That includes the whole gamut of Acura SLX accessories and parts. Whether you desire some luxury and comfort for the inside of your vehicle or instead crave blistering style for the exterior, our selection of Acura SLX accessories has you covered. Don't trust anyone else when it comes to your ride: it's too important.
Whatever you expect from your Acura SLX, a bold look, mind-boggling performance, greater ride comfort, or safer driving, CARiD goes the extra mile to meet all your needs. Our extensive range of premium accessories and parts covers all the bases, whether you want your vehicle to be more powerful, smarter, fun to drive, or just need to restore it to original condition. We know how to throw a classy appeal into your Acura SLX and keep it providing the best performance, so trust us and get the greatest bang for the buck!
Guides & Articles
Useful articles fast to read and guides easy to understand written by mechanics and car enthusiasts to turn your shopping experience with CARiD into a pleasure
- Auto DetailingJune 18, 2018New Car Auto Shows | A Perfect Beginning To The...New vehicle auto shows make the rounds around the country at the same time each year: Detroit in January, Philadelphia in February, New York at Easter, Los Angeles in...by
- Steering WheelsJanuary 31, 2018Shopping Guide - Steering WheelsA steering wheel is the most tangible connection between you and your driving experience. It's how you feel what's happening on the road with your car, and how you set...by
- Shift KnobsJanuary 19, 2018Shopping Guide – Shift KnobsThe knob at the end of your gearshift lever probably isn't something that most people notice when getting into your car or truck. But for a minimal cost, it can be. We...by
- Seat CoversDecember 06, 2017Shopping Guide - Seat CoversSeat cover design and construction have progressed a great deal in recent decades. Not so long ago, the phrase "automotive seat cover" brought to mind loose-fitting...by
- Running BoardsNovember 29, 2017Shopping Guide - Running BoardsRunning boards date as far back as the automobile itself, being integrated into car and truck designs until falling out of favor after World War II. With the boom in...by
- Floor MatsNovember 21, 2017Shopping Guide – Floor Mats & LinersIf you've ever balked at the prices car dealers charge for an "optional" set of floor mats, we understand. It can be enough to turn you off to the idea of floor mats...by
- Car CoversSeptember 15, 2017Car Covers Shopping GuideWherever you park your vehicle, a car cover protects it from a constant onslaught. If parked inside, it blocks dust and humidity as well as accidental scratches,...by
- Automotive ToolsJuly 12, 2017What Special Tools Are Available For Driveline...The expression "heat and beat" applies to a lot of driveline repairs, meaning worn parts are often so difficult to separate that one must use a blowtorch and great...by
- Hydraulic Tools & EquipmentJuly 10, 2017Three Unexpected Uses For a Shop Hydraulic PressIf you've ever considered performing an automotive repair that involved replacing a bushing, bearing, universal joint, or pulley - but couldn't because you lacked a...by
- Steering WheelsJuly 04, 2017Steering Wheel Covers | Fresh Look And Fresh GripToday’s snug-fit, custom steering wheel covers aren’t just for bling anymore. Thanks to modern high-grade materials, steering wheel covers can actually make...by
- Custom Automotive HornsJune 26, 2017Air Horns - How They Work, And How To Install...Commonly found on large semi trucks, trains, and fire engines, pneumatic air horns use pressurized air to create loud, no-nonsense warning blasts that signify you mean...by
- Auto DetailingMay 22, 2017Car Care Kits | One Click Away From Clean -...If you've ever been in a new car showroom, you remember how clean paint glistened under a glossy coat of wax that was slick to the touch when you ran your finger over...by