Subaru WRX STI 2015, AeroRotor™ Slotted Vented 2-Piece Front Brake Rotor by StopTech®. Quantity: 1 Per Pack. StopTech® AeroRotor® Replacement Kits (ARK) are designed to replace your vehicle's original factory rotors, while retaining the factory brake calipers. Although the ARK is the same diameter and thickness as the factory rotors, it offers improved cooling, braking, and handling.
|Driving Style: Performance / Racing|
|Rotor Construction: 2-Piece|
|Rotor Style: Slotted|
|Rotor Material: Cast Iron|
|Rotor Type: Vented|
|Quantity: 1 Per Pack|
- Specifically engineered and patented AeroVanes for optimum cooling
- Patented, billet 7075 aluminum AeroHats for improved airflow
- Full-floating mounting hardware to eliminate pad knock-back
- Optimized to provide even performance and consistent feedback
- Hard-anodized hats are impervious to color change or fading
- Stainless steel studs secured with set screws for strength and durability
- Fully machined aluminum or steel that is precise and strong
- Application specific design for precise and proper fitment
- All necessary hardware for easy installation
- Patented design with directional stand offs between the rotor and mounting bell
- Increases airflow by 50%-100% over traditional 2-piece designs
- Increased airflow reduces the temperature difference between the inside and outside rotor faces
- Results in less distortion and better performance compared to other fully floating designs
- Outer pad wear is reduced
- Proudly made in the USA
- Slots reduce stopping distances in wet weather
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- Vented type of rotors offers much faster heat dissipation
The directional, floating AeroRotors allow independent expansion of the rotor and hat without "coning," thanks to elongated drive pin holes. ARK components include AeroRotor friction rings with patented internal vane design, pre-assembled to billet aluminium AeroHats with directional stand-offs that optimize cooling airflow. The patented AeroRotor vane design pushes up to 80% more air than factory rotors for better cooling and reduced fade on the track.
The aircraft-grade aluminum hats and 2-piece AeroRotors are up to 8 pounds lighter than stock rotors, allowing faster acceleration and deceleration, and improved handling. StopTech AeroRotors are available slotted or cross-drilled. These slots or holes allow better dissipation of heat, friction material and debris, assuring that fresh pad material is in contact with the rotor every time the brakes are applied. An optional anti-corrosion, zinc finish is available for customers in cold climates, where salt and chemicals are used to melt snow and ice. The zinc coating also benefits customers who prefer no visible surface rust on the vanes and outer circumference of the rotors. StopTech AeroRotors are 100% made in the USA.
The patented 2-piece AeroRotor assembly uses uniquely designed and patented AeroVanes® inside the disc to optimize airflow through the rotor. This improved directional design minimizes turbulence and flows up to 61 percent more air than any other rotor tested. The result is up to 80 percent better airflow over original equipment rotors and 10-30 percent better airflow than other directional vane racing rotors currently available. Better airflow equals better cooling, and better cooling means less fade and better overall brake system performance. StopTech AeroRotors also feature a proprietary alloy chemistry. By adding molybdenum to the gray iron, carefully targeting a narrow range of hardness and tensile strength values, and controlling the cooling rate of the rotor after casting, StopTech produces a friction ring with added crack resistance as well as improved functionality.
Super strong Inconel® drive pin washers - as used in aircraft engines and other racing applications - are practically impervious to oxidation or corrosion even at extreme temperatures. Street rotors use a curved drive pin washer to add tension to the hat assembly, reducing rattle. Race applications use a flat washer that allows full freedom of movement between hat and friction ring. StopTech AeroHats feature directional stand offs to further improve airflow and cool the rotor.
Elongated drive pin slots allow separate expansion of rotor and hat to resist coning. Tapered slots allow evacuation of debris that might otherwise accumulate with straight-cut slots. Drive pins used to affix the hat to the rotor have a slightly out-of-round hole and are self-locking. They withstand high temperatures much better than typical lock washers and allow drive pins to move freely, yet securely, as hat and rotor expand at different rates.
In certain applications where packaging is an issue - such as on the Chevrolet Corvette - StopTech uses slant-head drive pins to provide improved clearance as pads wear.
StopTech® has been awarded the highly coveted TÜV approval on several big brake kits. StopTech kits successfully passed TÜV’s demanding series of tests that range from performance and durability, to proper fitment and ease of installation. Although TÜV certification is not required in all countries, TÜV approval demonstrates that StopTech’s Balanced Brake Upgrades meet the rigorous standards set by this respected German Agency. StopTech Big Brake Kits have been awarded a Teilgutachten. The complete kit is certified to run on a particular application, so customers do not need to pay for further testing with the TÜV agency.