Kia Soul 2015-2017, Stage 9 Super Sleeper Slotted Brake Kit by EBC®. Replace your old, worn out brakes with better performing pads and rotors from EBC. The Stage 9 Sport Brake Kit is designed to increase your stopping power and produce less brake dust than your stock brakes. The anodized layer is designed to disappear in the area that the brake pads contact the rotor.
|Driving Style: Performance / Racing|
|Rotor Construction: 1-Piece|
|Rotor Style: Slotted|
- Created to be the lowest noise brake rotors designed for performance applications
- Angled slots on rotor surfaces allow superior expulsion of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gases
- Two sets of slots on rotor surfaces provide even pad wear which creates flat, parallel rotor wear without ridges from developing
- Vented centers feature an aperture for air to pass between both rotor sides for superior cooling
- Black GEOMET and NITROTHERM™ anti corrosive finish
- Brake rotors are unidirectional to the left and right side of your vehicle to maximize effectiveness
- EBC recommends a 500 mile break in period with lighter braking application
- Designed to provide an optimum combination of street and racetrack performance
- Unique composition allows high braking friction when brakes are cold
- Features a cold friction rating of 0.5
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are yellow powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
- Built in noise-reducing shims
- Provides equivalent performance to GG-rated brake pads
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating provides better grip during the first 100 miles after new pads are installed
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating scours off any existing glaze or heat spots from brake rotor surface for more even surface mating
- Ensure increased pad bite and improved air circulation
- Clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- Create an escape route for debris, dust, and water
- Reduce stopping distances in wet weather
- Offer much faster heat dissipation
- Resistant to warping and fading
USR Series Sport Slotted Rotors are created for the enthusiast who wants low noise from their brakes while doing a higher level of aggressive driving or towing. Two sets of shallow slots cover all areas of the rotor surfaces so both pads and rotors wear evenly all the way across – preventing the grooves and ridges from building up that cause frictional noise. They also effectively increase the level of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gas expulsion necessary to keep rotors cool and functional during street performance driving in any weather. Additionally, USR Series Sport Slotted Rotors feature a vented center for air to pass between both rotor sides, so metal expands evenly during use and the chance of warpage is minimized. USR Series Sport Slotted Rotors are designed for use with EBC Greenstuff, Yellowstuff, and Redstuff pads. All areas of the rotors have a protective coating to prevent corrosion, and should be fully ready for use after the first 500 miles of moderate brake application.
The world-renowned brake experts at EBC have developed over a dozen variations of performance brake components, and each one is crafted to provide a superior level of grip, wear, and performance for uniquely different vehicle sizes, weights, and applications. When the company engineers who created pads that can survive 1,800 degree temperature test runs turn their attention to creating equally impressive brake rotors, it will be finely tuned to deliver impressive looks behind your wheel spokes and performance that’s as equally impressive on your last run as your first. If you’ve been let down by underperforming brake rotors that didn’t last as long as they should, USR Series Sport Slotted Rotors are designed for the long run. If installed at the same time as a new set of EBC brake pads, it’s not uncommon for these rotors to last the length of the first set with more than enough life to be used with a second set. USR Series Sport Slotted Rotors are the result of relentless testing and refinement, and when better brake rotors are built it is EBC that will build them.
EBC Yellowstuff 1793 compound is a true winner all round, it has high friction from cold, not requiring warm up for street use yet when loaded up and really hot the brakes just get better. Even up to truck weights these pads grip and do not heat fade. They also suitable and the most fastest brake pads for Trackday and Drift racing. EBC yellows are ECE Brake safety tested which means they must work perfectly from cold at least as good or better than stock pads. When Yellowstuff see some heat (which is not tested for in the ECE R 90 brake safety regulations) they really show their pedigree. On Japanese cars built with lower friction FF rated pads these deliver a full grade higher stopping and on German cars built with GG these are about the only aftermarket pads that will match or beat the pretty good German OE spec pads and that takes some doing.
Founded and based in the United Kingdom, EBC Brakes® is a premiere producer of brake components for passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs, and even scooters. EBC brake pads and rotors are preferred by fleet operators of emergency vehicles, livery cabs, and by discerning racers all over the world for the effective grip, superior lifespan, resistance to heat buildup, and proper fit they deliver. From the company president down to every employee, EBC strongly believes that brake components that are truly superior must be constructed from the most effective materials and also offer the lowest environmental impact possible. Likewise, EBC will never put their name on any products that cut corners in development, quality control, or are manufactured using sweatshop working conditions where human rights are not valued. When you want the best, most responsible brake components that meet or exceed OEM specification without dealer OEM markup, EBC Brakes is the only name you need to know.