Ford Explorer 2014, HD Series™ 4000 Series Direct OE Replacement Plain Vented 1-Piece Brake Rotor by DBA®. Quantity: 1 Per Pack. These discs utilise High Carbon Alloyed Iron (XG-150) and Thermal Stability Profiling (TSP) allowing constant extreme heat cycles designed for those “late braking scenarios”.
|Driving Style: Daily Driver, Hauling & Towing|
|Rotor Design: Rotors Only|
|Rotor Construction: 1-Piece|
|Rotor Style: Plain|
|Rotor Material: XG150® High Carbon Alloyed Iron|
|Rotor Hat Finish: Black|
|Rotor Type: Vented|
|Lug Holes Quantity: 5|
|Bolt Circle: 114.3mm (4.5")|
|Center Hole Diameter: 68mm (2.677")|
|Quantity: 1 Per Pack|
- 4000 Series non-directional disc brake rotors are sold individually (it is recommended to replace as a left-right pair)
- Designed to offer a level of street performance braking that’s between Street Series XGold rotors and 5000XS
- 3 paint marks on rotor edges change color visibly to reflect that brake rotors have reached different levels of operating temperatures
- Rotors are crafted from iron with high carbon content which achieves reduced vibration and squealing noise
- Rotors are treated with a patented Thermal Stability Process to reduce metal stress which weakens iron over many heating and cooling cycles
- Provides strong levels of stopping power, heat reduction, and fade resistance under aggressive street driving conditions
- 1-piece rotors are designed in the precise size and shape of factory OEM parts for easy bolt-on replacement and proper operation
- Rotors are excellent for passenger cars and 4x4s equipped with larger, heavier wheels that put higher demands on brakes
- Gold paint on all non-contact rotor areas provides a high level of style and corrosion resistance
- "Kangaroo Paw" design features 144 spaced pillars between inner and outer faces of each rotor that provide faster cooling and greater strength than traditional cooling fins
- Lower rotor temperatures greatly reduce rotor warpage and boiling brake fluid which causes pedal fade
- Break-in bedding period for new rotors will take approximately 186 miles / 300 kilometers
- Manufacturer warranties rotors for 12 months or 12,000 miles
- Perfect for non-aggressive driving
- Ensure quiet operation
- Offer low dust and long pad life
- Vented design provides much faster heat dissipation
- More resistant to warping or cracking
For the serious performance driver that’s mindful of avoiding high rotor temperatures that cause brake fluid boiling and pedal fade, DBA equips each 4000 rotor with three paint marks that monitor brake rotor temperature and change color as different points are reached. A green line becomes white at 856 degrees Fahrenheit, an orange line changes to yellow at 1,022 degrees Fahrenheit, and a pink line also changes to white when temperatures exceed 1,166 degrees Fahrenheit. While these brake rotors will reach high temperatures eventually after heavy sustained use, they will take longer than others to reach those temperatures. They’ll maintain their cool under most conditions thanks to high-carbon iron construction which resists temperature buildup better initially, and because of vented centers with 144 tear-drop shaped pillars which result in more metal contact and better cooling than traditional fins.
Like all high-performance DBA rotors, 4000XSs are cured during production and heat-treated with a patented Thermal Stability Process - reducing metal stress and preventing iron from weakening internally over many heating and cooling cycles. Combined with lower overall operating temperatures, these rotors are much more resistant to the warping and hotspotting which typically shorten both pad and rotor lifespan. DBA matches or exceeds vehicle manufacturer rotor warranties by ensuring that these brake discs will remain usable and free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year or 12,000 miles.
Disc Brakes Australia (DBA®) specializes in precision crafted brake rotors with innovative designs and material compounds that resist heat buildup far better than products from competitors - giving you increased stopping power with smooth progressive application, lower noise, vibration, and harshness, and greater resistance to the rotor warpage that shortens usable lifespan of all brake components. DBA offers a variety of slotted rotors with and without cross-drilled holes in traditional 1-piece construction and 2-piece aluminum center construction for reduced mass. Headquartered in Austraila, DBA has United States operations in Detroit, Michigan. CARiD is proud to offer the full lineup of DBA rotors at great values.