Chevy SS 2014-2017, HD Series™ 5000XS Series Drilled and Slotted Vented 2-Piece Front Brake Rotor by DBA®. Quantity: 1 Per Pack. 5000XS series rotors offer the same drilled and slotted patterns of the 4000XS, but in lightweight 2-piece form with a center aluminum section. Aluminum centers lower rotational mass to quicken brake response, and outer rotor sections are cured with a patented process that reduces iron-weakening metal stress. Recommended for use with performance modified street vehicles. Rotor edges feature 3 paint marks which change color to reflect different levels of metal temperature, and 144 pillars between rotor faces provide faster cooling and greater strength to reduce heat warpage and extend life. Replacement rotor and hat sections are also available individually.
|Driving Style: Daily Driver, Performance / Racing|
|Rotor Design: Rotors Only|
|Rotor Construction: 2-Piece|
|Rotor Style: Drilled & Slotted|
|Rotor Material: XG150® High Carbon Alloyed Iron|
|Rotor Type: Vented|
|Rotor Diameter: 355mm (13.98")|
|Rotor Height: 50mm (1.97")|
|Nominal Thickness: 32mm (1.26")|
|Minimum Thickness: 30mm (1.181")|
|Lug Holes Quantity: 5|
|Bolt Circle: 120mm (4.724")|
|Center Hole Diameter: 67.4mm (2.65")|
|Quantity: 1 Per Pack|
- 5000XS series non-directional disc brake rotors are sold individually (it is recommended to replace rotors as a left-right pair)
- 2-piece design features a lightweight aluminum center piece for less rotational mass, quicker braking response, and shorter overall stopping distances
- 3 paint marks on rotor edges change color visibly to reflect that brake rotors have reached different levels of operating temperatures
- Outer rotor sections are crafted from iron with high carbon content which achieves low levels of noise, vibration, and harshness
- Outer rotor sections are treated with a patented Thermal Stability Process to reduce metal stress which weakens iron over many heating and cooling cycles
- Rotors are designed in the precise size and shape of factory OEM parts for easy bolt-on replacement and proper operation
- Excellent for modified street vehicles and/or passenger cars with larger, heavier upsized wheels
- Paint on all non-contact rotor areas provides a high level of style and corrosion resistance
- "Kangaroo Paw" design features 144 spaced pillars between inner and outer faces of each rotor that provide faster cooling and greater strength than traditional slotted cooling fins
- Lower rotor temperatures greatly reduce rotor warpage and boiling brake fluid which causes pedal fade
- Replacement rotor and hat sections are also available individually
- Break-in bedding period for new rotors will take approximately 186 miles / 300 kilometers
- Manufacturer warranties rotors for 12 months or 12,000 miles
- Slots and drilled holes provide dust and water dissipation
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Cross-drilled holes provide increased cooling
- Offer great weight savings and provide rapid heat dissipation compared to 1-piece rotors
- Reduce stopping distances in wet weather
If you're looking to equip your vehicle with lightweight two-piece brake rotors with aluminum center sections, the 5000XS brake rotor series is DBA's best value. Weight saved from 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum gives you the benefit of lower rotational mass - making your wheels easier to stop, and giving you the instant snap of brake response that's suited to a high performance street machine. Additionally, a wealth of slotted grooves and cross-drilled holes in the rotor section provide supremely effective management of heat, dust, and gasses that build up during aggressive driving. You will also find those performance benefits continue in the rain and at racetrack speeds as temperatures get even higher. Because of the evenly spaced slots across the entire rotor surface, any pads will wear more consistently and eliminate "lip" formation along the outside edge of the rotor. If you're installing 5000XS rotors with new pads, the rotors will still be usable with a second set of pads when the first wear out. Black paint is applied to all non-contact areas to ensure these rotors continue to look good and resist corrosion during their extended lifespans.
For the serious performance driver that's mindful of avoiding high rotor temperatures that cause brake fluid boiling and pedal fade, DBA equips each 5000XS rotor with three paint marks that monitor brake rotor temperature and change color as different points are reached. A green line becomes white at 856 degrees Fahrenheit, an orange line changes to yellow at 1,022 degrees Fahrenheit, and a pink line also changes to white when temperatures exceed 1,166 degrees Fahrenheit. While these brake rotors will reach high temperatures eventually after heavy sustained use, they will take longer than others to reach those temperatures. They'll maintain their cool under most conditions thanks to high-carbon iron rotor sections which resist temperature buildup better initially, and because of vented centers with 144 tear-drop shaped pillars which result in more metal contact and better cooling than traditional fins.
Like all high-performance DBA rotors, 5000XSs are cured during production and heat-treated with a patented Thermal Stability Process - reducing metal stress and preventing iron from weakening internally over many heating and cooling cycles. Combined with lower overall operating temperatures, these rotors are much more resistant to the warping and hotspotting which typically shorten both pad and rotor lifespan. DBA matches or exceeds vehicle manufacturer rotor warranties by ensuring that these brake discs will remain usable and free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 1 year or 12,000 miles.
Disc Brakes Australia (DBA®) specializes in precision crafted brake rotors with innovative designs and material compounds that resist heat buildup far better than products from competitors - giving you increased stopping power with smooth progressive application, lower noise, vibration, and harshness, and greater resistance to the rotor warpage that shortens usable lifespan of all brake components. DBA offers a variety of slotted rotors with and without cross-drilled holes in traditional 1-piece construction and 2-piece aluminum center construction for reduced mass. Headquartered in Austraila, DBA has United States operations in Detroit, Michigan. CARiD is proud to offer the full lineup of DBA rotors at great values.