Chevy Camaro 2014-2015, No Slack™ Automatic Belt Tensioner Assembly by Dayco®. Designed to maintain constant belt tension, this tensioner provides less variations in tension to prevent premature accessory bearing failure due to high belt tension, when a new belt is installed, and poor accessory performance slippage and noise caused by low tension after the belt begins to stretch.
|Belt Type: Serpentine|
|Direction: Counter Clock Wise|
|Number Of Pulleys: 1|
|Pulley 1 Diameter: 70 mm|
- Maintains constant tension on serpentine belt drives
- Eliminates belt noise and reduces slippage
- Flat spring design for less operating range variations in tension
- Prevents premature accessory bearing failure due to high belt tension, when a new belt is installed, and poor accessory performance caused by low tension after the belt begins to stretch
- Heavy duty cast aluminum arm offers extra durability and less distortion
- Lubricated nylon pivot tube bushing and spring bushing for quieter performance
- PTFE strip wound within the spring for abrasion resistance
- Coated flat spring to ensure high resistance to rust
- Zinc-coated mounting bolt that resists rust
- Heavy duty cast aluminum spring case that resists cracking and fatigue
- Steel locator pin
- Steel pivot tube which provides additional strength for critical torque requirements
- Thermoplastic rubber spring slot plug helps keep out harmful contaminants
- Rubber O-ring against dust and grime
- Automatic Belt Tensioner
Accessory drive belts wind their way around such components as the power steering pump, water pump, air conditioning compressor, and alternator propelling them when the engine is running. Serpentine belt drives consist of a single belt that powers most, if not all, of the engine’s accessories. When you replace your worn belt, it's also recommended that its tensioners and idler pulleys be replaced along with it. Designed to ensure proper tensioning of the belt, these components have been in use as long as the belt under the same, often extreme, conditions.
Specially developed to maintain constant tension on serpentine belt drives, this automatic belt tensioner has a unique flat spring design to provide less operating range variations in tension. This not only eliminates belt noise and reduces slippage, but also prevents premature accessory bearing failure due to high tension when a new belt is installed as well as poor accessory performance caused by low tension after the belt begins to stretch and wear. To resist abrasion, the product features a PTFE strip wound within the spring, while its flat spring is coated to ensure rust resistance.
This component also features a zinc-coated mounting bolt that resists rust, heavy duty cast aluminum spring case that resists cracking and fatigue and the arm is made of the same material for additional strength and less distortion. The belt tensioner assembly has a lubricated nylon pivot tube bushing and spring bushing for quieter performance. The product may include other superior design features where the application demands, including a rubber O-ring, steel locator pin, steel pivot tube to provide additional strength for critical torque requirements, and thermoplastic rubber spring slot plug to help keep out harmful contaminants.
Since 1905, Dayco® has been a leader in the automotive parts manufacturing industry. During the early 1900s, Dayco was the first and only company manufacturing the airless tire. By the 1920s, the company had a robust tire manufacturing process in Dayton, Ohio for cars, large trucks and buses. From its founding to today, the company has followed its primary business strategy to anticipate and satisfy all the needs and requirements of its customers by providing innovative, quality, and durable products. Today its wide product line includes belts, tensioners, pulleys and hydraulics equipment for the automotive, construction, trucking, ATV, agricultural, snowmobile, and industrial markets.