Dodge Charger SRT8 2012-2014, Stage 7 Race Slotted Brake Kit by EBC®. The EBC Stage 7 Race Brake Kit was created for serious race cars that need serious pads and rotors. The kit uses EBC's most aggressive components for the best stopping power you can get. The Orangestuff Brake Pads are designed for maximum cold friction that stays constant even at high temperatures, while the High Carbon Blade Rotors have twice the carbon content of normal rotors for outstanding thermal stability. The anodized layer is designed to disappear in the area that the brake pads contact the rotor.
- Black GEOMET and NITROTHERM™ anti corrosive finish
- V-shaped slots on rotor surfaces allow increased expulsion of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gases
- Recommended by EBC for use on performance street driving and racing with lighter weight vehicles
- High carbon content doubles the levels of some competitors to prevent brake shudder, heat cracking, and high-frequency vibrations which cause squealing
- Vented center allows air to pass between both rotor sides for more effective cooling
- V-shaped slots have a 1mm depth that indicates rotors need replacement when slots have worn away completely
- EBC recommends a 500 mile break in period with lighter braking application
- Not legal for street use
- High-grip pads bite quickly and feature less progressive brake application
- Friction level of .6 hot and .5 cold makes these EBC's highest and fastest-gripping pads
- Recommended for experienced racetrack drivers only
- Highly abrasive semi-metallic pad construction is designed to provide the best grip at the expense of brake rotor life
- Designed for use with low drag multi-piston, performance brake calipers only
- Features two cooling gaps in the pad surface instead of one for increased cooling and debris collection
- Backing plates feature vibration-balancing weights to reduce squealing noise under high stress
- Pads are bonded to backing plates with a layer of chemical bonding material that triples separation resistance
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are orange powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Pads come new with rough, heat-scorched surface designed for improved bedding with rough or worn rotors
- Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Slots reduce stopping distances in wet weather
EBC High Carbon Blade Sport Rotors are blended to offer performance drivers the absolute lowest amount of brake shudder, noise and heat buildup. Unlike brake rotors from competitors, High Carbon Blade Sport Rotors are cast from "gray" iron which features a high percentage of carbon (roughly 4 percent) and silicone which leads to the formation of graphite during the curing process at EBC's factory. When graphite is present, the rotor itself takes on qualities of a denser, softer material. Heat is more evenly dispersed to reduce warping, cracks are less likely, and vibration-related noise is greatly reduced. High Carbon Blade rotors are also powder coated with a patented Geomet finish to keep corrosion at bay, and rotors should be fully ready for performance driving after a 500 mile break-in period.
For the longest and hardest non-street racing applications, the brake experts at EBC have created the ultimate set of replacement brake pads. Orangestuff Full Race Brake Pads are constructed of a specially engineered metallic material that bites quickly and severely into brake rotors to provide powerful grip for any heavy racecar. Unlike EBC's Bluestuff organic pads that are designed for racing AND street use, these Orangestuff metallic pads are legal for racetrack use only because their level of grip makes them more difficult to apply gradually during everyday street driving. And while Bluestuff pad material prolongs brake rotor life, Orangestuff's extremely abrasive characteristics which give it such great braking power actually wear the rotors down faster.
Because of the intense heat that can build up on brake components, Orangestuff brake pads are meant to be used only on high-performance brake calipers with multiple pistons that release faster and more completely with less drag. During EBC tests on a dynamometer where a full 1G of stopping force was applied repeatedly, Orangestuff pads survived sustained operation at temperatures of 1,800 degrees Fahrenheit without chipping, cracking, or coming apart. During the dyno test, rotor surfaces were literally glowing red and while the performance of the Orangestuff pads dropped slightly under these conditions, the majority of their effectiveness remained. Instead of using rivets to secure pad material and backing plates together, Orangestuff pads use an additional chemical layer between the two in order to form a strong bond that provides three times the resistance of pad separation or shear. Four balancing weights built in to the backing plates of the pads ensure high-frequency vibration is cancelled out to eliminate squealing noise.
Founded and based in the United Kingdom, EBC Brakes® is a premiere producer of brake components for passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs, and even scooters. EBC brake pads and rotors are preferred by fleet operators of emergency vehicles, livery cabs, and by discerning racers all over the world for the effective grip, superior lifespan, resistance to heat buildup, and proper fit they deliver. From the company president down to every employee, EBC strongly believes that brake components that are truly superior must be constructed from the most effective materials and also offer the lowest environmental impact possible. Likewise, EBC will never put their name on any products that cut corners in development, quality control, or are manufactured using sweatshop working conditions where human rights are not valued. When you want the best, most responsible brake components that meet or exceed OEM specification without dealer OEM markup, EBC Brakes is the only name you need to know.