GMC Savana 2011-2012, 1-Click Extreme Z36 Truck and Tow Drilled and Slotted Brake Kit with Calipers by Power Stop®. Kit Includes: Evolution Drilled and Slotted Performance Rotors, Red Powder Coated Brake Calipers, Z36 Extreme Truck and Tow Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads, Premium Hardware, Pin Bushing Kit and Hi-Temp Lubricant. This kit is the ultimate in heavy-duty braking for your vehicle. It includes slotted and cross-drilled rotors and Power Stop Z36 high-friction metallic pads. Improve your braking capability under all conditions, wet, hot, hilly, or while towing at max weight.
|Calipers: with Calipers|
|Driving Style: Hauling & Towing, Extreme & Fleet Duty|
|Finish: Zinc Plated|
|Rotor Construction: 1-Piece|
|Rotor Material: Cast Iron|
|Rotor Style: Drilled & Slotted|
|Rotor Type: Vented|
- Rotors precision machined using a Tru-Cast™ technology
- Rotor run out is within 0.0015 and DTV tolerance specification is within 0.005
- All Evolution rotors are mill balanced
- Beveled and precision drill holes help keep rotors temperatures down during extreme braking performance
- Rounded slots keep a clear contact patch between the pad and the rotor by sweeping away water, gas and dust
- All drilled and slotted rotors (except for hub and rotor assemblies) are silver zinc plated to helps shield and resist rust during normal operation
- Carbon Fiber infused Evolution ceramic formula for superior braking power
- The pad surfaces are thermal scorched for a fast break-in
- Chamfered and slotted like the OE pad to ensure noise-free braking
- Powder coated backing plate extends life by resisting rust and corrosion
- Premium stainless steel hardware kit included for easy installation
- Premium stainless steel shims provide virtually noise-free braking
- 20 percent more stopping power than other brands
- Components are engineered to work together
- One click brake kit; everything you need, including clips and shims
- Pre-matched components ready to install
- Multi-layer constrained steel anti-squeal shims
- Recommended for towing and hauling
- 3-year/36,000 mile manufacturer limited warranty on the rotors and pads purchased and installed together
- Drilled holes and Slots create an escape route for debris, dust, gases, and water
- Slots clean and de-glaze pad surface for optimum pad coefficient of friction
- Slots help to increase pad bite and improve air circulation
- Drilled holes and Slots reduce stopping distances in wet weather
- Drilled rotors improve the appearance of your wheels and provide reduced rotor weight
Don't go halfway when it's time to redo the brakes on your truck. Whether you tow a trailer, race or just drive aggressively (Who? Me?), you should have the best brakes possible. Power Stop gives you the best of both worlds: let's start with the brake pads. Factory, OEM brake pads are a bucketful of compromises. They balance several factors, including pad noise, dust generation, service life, cost and – oh yeah, friction. But what works for most can be improved on. These Z36 metallic pads have a 17% higher coefficient of friction than OEM pads, giving you more stopping power, without standing on the pedal at the bottom of every long hill.
That would make these pads a great upgrade on your stock rotors, but you've already decided not to go halfway. Don't try to reuse your old discs, even if they still have enough meat on them after refinishing them to meet minimum thickness specifications. A thinner disc is a disc that has less mass. And it takes lots of mass to dissipate heat in a hurry, so get a pair of Power Stop drilled, slotted discs at the same time. Mass soaks up heat quickly during a panic stop, but it takes surface area and moving air to keep the rotors cool on a long downhill or in heavy stop-and-go traffic. Cross-drilling a disc adds surface area for improved cooling, but it also makes a dramatic improvement in braking performance in the rain. Cross drilling keeps water from wedging between the pad and disc surface, making the pad hydroplane, which severely affects braking ability.
Slotting does help some in the rain, although it has other advantages. During a high-speed stop, especially with a trailer or heavy load, the organic binders in the pad material will literally boil. This is normal; the problem is that the outgassing binder turns the pad into a hot little air-hockey puck that barely touches the disc surface. It rides on a pocket of outgassing binder, keeping the pad from contacting a normal, unslotted disc. Slots sweep the gases away, letting you glide to a normal stop in time instead of running that red light at the bottom of the hill with both feet standing on the brake pedal. Not fun. Power Stop's 1-Click Extreme Truck and Tow Brake Kit combines the advantages of both cross drilling and slotting to provide you with superior stopping ability, whether it's halfway down a hill, while towing, or during the rain. Add in the superior grip, low noise and dust generation of the Z36 high-friction metallic pads, and stop in comfort and safety.
Power Stop also uses the best technology for anti-squeal shims: constrained steel. A sandwich of two layers of steel with a viscoelastic layer between them prevents acoustic coupling between the pad and caliper piston, eliminating brake squeal. Other manufacturers attempt to use a single layer of steel or a layer of Teflon to achieve this. Power Stop's solution, while pricier, is far more effective.
Founded in 1997 in Southern California, Power Stop® began with the goal of bringing the benefits of superior brake components at a reasonable cost to street performance and backyard performance enthusiasts everywhere. Company management and engineers believed then, as they do today, that better brakes make driving more enjoyable and safer for any vehicle, terrain, and driving style – not just street performance. They developed a philosophy that while brake components cannot be superior without the most advanced materials, they also cannot perform in a superior fashion without matching the exact tolerances of each and every individual vehicle they are created for. Relentless development and testing led to brake pads, rotors, drum shoes, and other related components that delivered uncompromising fit and operation, and Power Stop’s customer base grew exponentially from positive word of mouth. The company still has its original passion for creating the best products at the best possible prices, so when it comes to replacement brake components for your vehicle, Power Stop is the only name you need to know.