Chevy Corvette 2010, Stainless Steel Polished X-Pipe by Corsa®. Material: Stainless Steel. The Crossover Pipe evens out the power impulses in the two parts of the exhaust system without restrictions to the gas flow. This configuration improves exhaust scavenging for increased power and torque, and improves sound by harmonizing the two halves of the system.
|Material: Stainless Steel|
|HP Gain: +3 hp|
- X-Pipe High Flow Design for Better Sound and Exhaust Scavenging
- Made in Stainless Steel to Ensure Never Changing Good Looks
- Straight-Through Nonrestrictive Design for Improved Performance and Fuel Economy
- Full Length
- Easy Bolt-In Installation
- No Welding Needed
- Designed, Engineered and Manufactured in Berea, OH, USA
- Limited Lifetime Warranty for as Long as You Own Your Vehicle
To maximize power and harmonize sound, a performance exhaust system must be designed to make the two halves of a twin exhaust system work together. Two basic designs are used to achieve this. One of them is the H-pipe, which is attached at a right angle to connect the two exhaust pipes. This only interferes marginally with the gas flow in each individual pipe, while it evens out the pressure differences between the two halves of the system, to harmonize the sound and make the engine run more smoothly. The second design, the XO Crossover pipe, is a more sophisticated design, which lets the gases cross over from one pipe to the other. If done right, as by Corsa, the exhaust power pulse in one pipe actually “pulls” out the gas from the other pipe, thus improving scavenging and facilitating the extraction of a few extra horsepower. And it makes for better sound too.