Audi A3 2.0L 2010-2011, Stage 10 Super Sport Dimpled and Slotted Brake Kit by EBC®. Replace your old, worn out brakes with better performing pads and rotors from EBC. The Stage 10 Sport Brake Kit is designed to increase your stopping power and produce less brake dust than your stock brakes. The anodized layer is designed to disappear in the area that the brake pads contact the rotor.
|Driving Style: Performance / Racing|
|Lug Quantity: 5|
|Rotor Construction: 1-Piece|
|Rotor Material: Cast Iron|
|Rotor Style: Dimpled & Slotted|
- Angled slots on rotor surfaces allow superior expulsion of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gases
- Round indents in the rotors surface further increase cooling without the risk of cracking that drill-through holes pose
- Black GEOMET and NITROTHERM™ anti corrosive finish
- Brake rotors are unidirectional to the left and right side of your vehicle to maximize effectiveness
- 3GD vented centers feature a wider aperture for air to pass between both rotor sides for superior cooling
- EBC recommends a 500 mile break in period with lighter braking application
- Designed to give a high level of grip upon initial brake application
- Engineered for optimum performance on lighter vehicles with horsepower ratings under 200
- Nominal friction coefficient of 0.55
- Offers superior brake performance up to temperatures of 1,100° Fahrenheit
- Patented organic AF42/66 pad friction material features a low level of metallic compounds that reduces rotor wear by up to 50%
- Produces low amount of brake dust
- Backing plate and side edges of brake pad are green powder coated for resistance to corrosion
- Pad surfaces have chamfered edges to reduce contact against rotor lip that forms over time and causes squealing
- Center gap allows for proper heat expansion of brake pads
- Built in noise-reducing shims
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating provides better grip during the first 100 miles after new pads are installed
- Patented Brake-In™ red pad surface coating scours off any existing glaze or heat spots from brake rotor surface for more even surface mating
- Dimples are resistant to cracking compared to drilled holes
- Slots increase pad bite and de-glaze pads
- Create an escape route for debris, dust, and water
- Reduce stopping distances in wet weather
- Resistant to warping and fading
EBC pioneered brake rotors with dimple-drilled round indents decades ago to provide a solution to cracking problems that sometimes plague perforated rotors operating under high stress and heat conditions. What makes the 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors superior is the presence of both these dimpled indents and straight vent slots. Combined, they provide the superior expulsion of heat, water, brake dust, and friction gas that is needed to keep rotors cool and functional during street performance driving in any weather. Additionally, 3GD rotors feature a wider vented aperture for air to pass between both rotor sides, so metal expands evenly during use and the chance of warpage is minimized. 3GD rotors are designed for use with EBC Greenstuff 4x4 brake pads, Greenstuff 2000 compact car pads, Yellowstuff heavy duty 4x4 brake pads, and Yellowstuff / Redstuff pads created for shorter high performance street or track runs and drifting. 3GD brake rotors are anodized to prevent corrosion, and rotors should be fully ready for use after the first 500 miles of moderate brake application.
World-renowned brake experts at EBC have developed over a dozen variations of performance brake components, and each one is crafted to provide a superior level of grip, wear, and performance for uniquely different vehicle sizes, weights, and applications. When the company engineers who created pads that can survive 1,800 degree temperature test runs turn their attention to creating equally impressive brake rotors, you will see rotors finely tuned to deliver impressive looks behind your wheel spokes and last run performance that’s as equally impressive as your first. If you’ve been let down by underperforming brake rotors that didn’t last as long as they should, 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors are designed for the long run. If installed at the same time as a new set of EBC long life brake pads, it’s not uncommon for these rotors to last the length of the first set with more than enough life to be used with a second set. All EBC brake rotors are cast to a high metal strength rating of 150 newton meters and are precision CNC machined to be within tolerances of less than 0.05 millimeters. 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors are the result of relentless testing and refinement, and when better brake rotors are built it is EBC that will build them.
For less powerful vehicles that don’t usually travel at triple-digit velocity, EBC Greenstuff 2000 Series Sport replacement brake pads offer better braking power at real world driving speeds and are thus formulated to provide longer pad life instead of autobahn grip. Sized and fitted to match the exact tolerances of original equipment, these pads fit properly, wear evenly, and avoid rattling or squealing. A patented metallic aramid compound is made with DuPont Kevlar and Twaron composites to minimize the amount of steel wool necessary, so these pads cause far less abrasive wear on rotors without compromising brake pad efficiency or longevity. In government R90 tests of replacement brake components, EBC pads have been shown to deliver equivalent performance, bedding, cold temperature operation, and speed sensitivity versus original manufacturer parts. EBC’s patented brake pad material also ensures the pads are soft enough to avoid brake squealing but not so soft that longevity becomes compromised. On some German vehicles, you may even see longer life with EBC pads than the original factory brake pads.
If you’re installing Greenstuff 2000 Series Sport Brake Pads with new brake rotors, you’ll find down the road when the time comes to replace the pads again, the rotors will still be usable enough to last through another set of brake pads. And if you’re installing EBC pads without replacing rotors, pre-chamfered pad edges will mate perfectly against the grooves and lips that normally form on the rotor surfaces, so the meat of the pad makes contact against the rotor center where it counts. These pads also feature a red top layer coating designed to scour glaze and hot spots off worn brake rotors during the break-in process. The coating also serves to provide a higher level of grip to counteract low friction levels that exist before bedding is complete. Built-in shims ensure any high-frequency vibration is absorbed rather than transferred as squealing noise, even under the most extreme weather conditions.
Founded and based in the United Kingdom, EBC Brakes® is a premiere producer of brake components for passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, ATVs, and even scooters. EBC brake pads and rotors are preferred by fleet operators of emergency vehicles, livery cabs, and by discerning racers all over the world for the effective grip, superior lifespan, resistance to heat buildup, and proper fit they deliver. From the company president down to every employee, EBC strongly believes that brake components that are truly superior must be constructed from the most effective materials and also offer the lowest environmental impact possible. Likewise, EBC will never put their name on any products that cut corners in development, quality control, or are manufactured using sweatshop working conditions where human rights are not valued. When you want the best, most responsible brake components that meet or exceed OEM specification without dealer OEM markup, EBC Brakes is the only name you need to know.