Smart Car Fortwo 2009, Inox-Line Coilover Lowering Kit with 0.2"-1.2" Front and 0.8"-1.5" Rear Body Drop by KW Suspensions®. Inox Lowering Kits are sets of 4 street-use coilovers that can be lowered individually by hand. For simple, no-muss operation choose the V1 Inox coilovers with damper settings that have been pre-set to achieve optimum levels of sport handling, comfort, and safety at any ride height. V2 Inox coilovers add infinite adjustment of shock rebound damper rates to regulate vehicle pitch and roll behavior for ride comfort, and V3 Inox coilovers also allow compression rates to be adjusted to regulate driving dynamics.
Notes: Threaded Struts Adjust Front Axle Height. Springs and Dampers Adjust Rear Axle Height.
Fitment notes: Wheel Spacers may be Required when Using Stock Tires.
- V1 Inox coilovers feature non-adjustable damper settings that have been pre-set to achieve optimum levels of sport handling, comfort, and safety at any ride height
- V2 Inox coilovers allow infinite adjustment of shock rebound damper rates to regulate vehicle pitch and roll behavior for ride comfort (compression is not adjustable)
- V3 Inox coilovers allow allow infinite adjustment of shock rebound damper rates to regulate vehicle pitch and roll behavior AND compression rates are adjustable
- V1 and V2 coilovers feature corrosion-resistant zinc-plated steel strut casings
- V3 coilovers feature corrosion-free stainless steel strut casings
- All feature dirt-resistant threads to ensure easy adjustment in all climates and dust levels
- All shock absorbers are a twin-tube dampening design formed of an inner tubular element within an outer tubular element
- All springs are constructed with a multi-level tempering process (annealing, shot blasting, jigging, UV-test, phosphate coating, EPS coating) for optimal durability and minimized jigging characteristics
- Composite polyamide spring plates and ring nuts are light weight, corrosion-free, and effectively dampen vibrations and road noise
- All coilovers feature a high-quality elastomer synthetic compression buffer/additional spring with integrated dust cap that protects against grit and the elements
- 100% street legal and German TUV approved
- Limited lifetime manufacturer warranty
The wrong rebound and compression settings when a coilover shock absorber is lowered to certain heights can lead to an unnecessarily harsh ride, a reduced tire contact patch on the road, compromised grip, and the costly expense of accelerated tire wear. When wheels hop excessively from shocks that aren't pressurized correctly for the ride comfort or sporty grip you want, you are not getting the full benefits that adjustable coilovers offer. The engineers at KW Suspensions have created the Inox line of coilovers with three levels of adjustability. All offer manual control of ride height individually.
For drivers who want performance and ride comfort but don't want to manually adjust shock dampening rates after changing the ride height, Variation 1 Inox coilovers take the worry and guesswork out of it. Pre-set by KW Engineers at the factory, V1s automatically achieve an optimum balance between sport handling, comfort, and safety at any ride height. Variation 2 Inox coilovers are designed for the more experienced driver who prefers to set their own damper rebound rates with ride height changes. This set of 4 coilovers offer an infinite number of damper rebound settings, rather than a fixed number of choices. For the expert driver and tuner, Variation 3 Inox coilovers feature two-stage valves that allow an infinite level of rebound damping adjustment (comfort) along with adjustable settings for compression adjustment (driving dynamics) in the low-speed range. V3 settings for high-speed range (driving safety) are fixed.
All Inox Line coilovers feature a twin-tube dampening design formed of an inner tube element within an outer tubular element. Coil springs are constructed with a multi-level tempering process that includes an annealing stage which heats the metal, then allows it to cool slowly in order to remove internal stresses and increase strength. Metal is then shot blasted to remove surface imperfections and coated with a durable outer finish to minimize vibrations and resist corrosion. Corrosion-free stainless steel strut casings feature dirt-resistant threads to ensure easy adjustment in all climates and dust levels, and a high-quality elastomer synthetic compression buffer serves as an additional spring. An integrated dust cap ensures grit and the elements do not reach inner valve areas.
Founded in 1995 in Germany, KW Automotive GmbH has grown from a small workshop-based manufacturer into a global leader and manufacturer of adjustable suspension coilovers and other related products. The secret of KW's success has come from the relentless development and testing that has consistently led to superior products and created satisfied customers. For example, KW uses a state-of-the-art 7-post dynamic test stand to simulate the most grueling racetrack conditions that coilover shocks and springs could possibly face. One of only a handful of such test stands in the world used by Formula 1 teams, KW engineers have put it to effective use refining and perfecting dampening levels of shock absorber compression and rebound. This ensures KW coilovers will give you durability and the fine-tuned ride quality you seek for your car or truck. KW has co-developed suspension products with Mercedes AMG, Rousch Mustangs, and Dodge's Viper SRT10 to name a few, and their products have helped achieve victories in Nürburgring 24 hour races, BFGoodrich long distance championships, World Touring Car Championships, FIA GT races and more. CARiD offers the best values you'll find on a full lineup of KW Suspensions coilover kits, hydraulic lift coilovers, sway bar components, and individual replacement parts which prove that lowered style and ride comfort are not mutually exclusive.