Subaru Impreza Base 2008, Hyper-Flex™ Performance Rack and Pinion Mount Bushing Kit by Energy Suspension®. This is a set of polyurethane bushings that keep rack and pinion steering assemblies properly aligned to allow smooth movement and absorb noise, vibration, and harshness. Upgrade and replace original degraded rubber bushings with durable polyurethane construction that resists deterioration from road grime, oil leaks, and salt slush. Zinc-plated steel center shaft included.
- Polyurethane bushing kits are available for rack and pinion assemblies, and rack and pinion "ram" assemblies
- Designed to secure the steering rack assembly and related parts in place, properly positioned and aligned with a minimum of slop
- Ram Bushing kit also includes zinc-plated steel center shafts, washers, threaded castle nut, and a cotter pin
- High-density polyurethane construction provides a superior cushioning effect and resists degrading, drying, and crumbling the way rubber bushings can
- Polyurethane provides greater resistance to highly caustic road-based grime and leaking vehicle fluids
- High-pressure endurance tests made in a range of extreme temperature conditions show HYPER-FLEX polyurethane lasts 5 to 10 times longer than conventional rubber
- All hardware needed for installation is included along with helpful instructions
- Proudly manufactured in the United States
- (1) Large Bushing
- (4) Small Bushings
- (2) Metal Tubes
Rack and pinion bushings are necessary steering system components designed to secure linkages in place – keeping them properly positioned and aligned with a minimum of slop to ensure linear steering performance and prevent wandering on the highway. These bushings from Energy Suspension dampen vibration, noise, and prevent binding when steering parts pivot and slide under normal use. They also serve to reduce torque steer on front-wheel-drive vehicles under acceleration and wheel hop over bumps that creates a more unpleasant ride.
Polyurethane construction provides superior resilience to prevent harsh vibrations from being transferred into the passenger area, and the bushings will not collapse, deform, or crumble the way rubber ones can – even when used over rough roads. Polyurethane offers the ability to stand up and perform well under extreme temperatures, resist degrading after being exposed to road grime, salt, and oily contaminants, and resist crumbling when the hard blows are delivered. Energy Suspension proudly manufactures all components in the United States, and backs them with a 2-year warranty against failure due to manufacturing defects.
Founded in the early 1980s in San Clemente, California, Energy Suspension® has specialized in the development and improvement of polyurethane, and has always been a believer in finding ways to use it to create products that improve automotive performance. Since the company's earliest days, their mission has been to be number one in quality and product lineup when it comes to polyurethane bushings, mounts, and other vibration-dampening grommets. Today, their worldwide presence and industry-wide respect show their efforts have paid off. Energy Suspension has achieved many firsts in the world of polyurethane suspension products, and on our website we offer many of its products at budget-friendly prices. In an independent test done by Mopar Muscle magazine, a late model Dodge Challenger Hemi was fitted with Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings throughout all steering and suspension components. While the ride was still comfortable after the change, the improved Challenger's lap times dropped consistently from 76 seconds with OEM rubber to 74 seconds with the polyurethane bushings. Their more resilient nature resisted crushing and warping under pressure - in turn, leading to reduced body lean and better tire grip which allowed faster speeds around turns. Considering races are often won by a fraction of a second, it's easy to see the significant benefits that Energy Suspension bushings can bring to your car or truck.