GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 6.0L 2008-2014, 6.25" PowerStep XL™ Cab Length Black Powder Coat Running Boards by AMP Research®, 1 Pair. Without OBD Connector. The board has been integrated into a custom rocker rail, creating a seamless look while providing a 3” lower stepping surface than the original PowerStep™ that makes accessing lifted trucks easier. With an integrated LED lighting system the PowerStep XL™ is clearly the quality choice. High-grade aluminum construction with powder coat finish ensures strength and freedom from corrosion, plus OEM-quality hardware with durable seals ensures long-lasting, smooth operation. Invented, engineered and built in America, AMP Research PowerStep XL™, an automatic, electric-powered running boards are the real deal.
- Mounting brackets Included
- Plug-n-Play Pass-Through Harness is required if OBD need to be used when Running Boards are connected
- Add wow factor to your truck with AMP Research PowerStep XL™ Running Boards
- 3" lower stepping surface than the regular PowerStep™
- Automatic power-deploying running boards
- Running boards extend outward when doors are opened, then retract flush underneath the vehicle when doors are closed
- Ideal for off-roading or other use where traditional fixed-in-place running boards may become damaged due to ground clearance issues
- Running boards are triggered automatically when any door on the corresponding side is opened or closed
- Running boards extend and retract in less than a second
- Low-profile integrated LED light system – standard
- Attractive and durable black wrinkle coat finish that effectively resists scratches, chips, and discoloration
- Textured back step for maximum traction
- Step, die-cast aluminum-alloy components with an anodized and pre-coated, military-spec finish to resist corrosion
- Precision stainless steel pivot pins for rock solid stability
- Fully welded/integrated bracket system supports up to 600 lbs
- Weatherproof, OEM-quality electric motors, drive system and wiring harness
- Sealed power motors mount directly onto the folding linkage assemblies with ease
- Maintenance-free, self-lubricating bushing for all-weather performance
- Safe for young children because pinch protection sensors will reverse direction of the boards if resistance is detected
- Comes with a controller module which mounts under hood and wires directly to your battery
- Bushings are sealed for protection against grit and the elements and require no lubrication
- Great for lifted trucks
- Manufactured in the United States
Add the ultimate touch of luxury to your pickup truck or sport utility vehicle with stylish, power-operated running boards that extend outward when you need them, then retract neatly out of sight underneath your vehicle when you don’t. AMP Research has engineered and built all fixed and moving PowerStep™ components to very high standards – so much so that Ford and General Motors offer these very running boards as an OEM factory option on their own vehicles. They are perfect for 4x4 owners who need maximum ground clearance during off-roading and for those who prefer not to alter the original lines of their vehicle with fixed running boards. Whatever the length of your truck’s cab, AMP Research offers running boards sized to fit your make and model that achieve an OEM-quality fit.
Amp Research PowerStep XL™ Running Boards take the style and convenience of traditional running boards to the next level. As the name implies, these automated boards extend when your cab door is opened and tuck away when the door is shut. The extending and retracting happens quickly - in less than a second - so you're not waiting around. Unlike the base PowerStep™ model, these are designed to hang even lower - making them great for lifted trucks.
The running boards are made with durable, die-cast aluminum and capable of supporting up to 600 pounds of weight. The steps boast a textured powder coat finish that resists rust and corrosion and helps with foot traction. The steps are powered by a weather proof motor with equally weatherproof wiring. The steps' stainless steel pivot pins are maintenance-free, too. Most applications feature an easy to follow plug-and-play installation using your truck's diagnostic (OBD-II) port. Plug-and-play applications also feature a pass through adapter so you can still use the port for other hardware. All applications come with detailed installation instructions.
Founded in 1980 in southern California, AMP Research® came together with a wealth of engineering talent drawn from company founder Horst Leitner and others who were previously involved in motorcycle racing and engineering. During the 1980s and 1990s, AMP Research pioneered the first 4-stroke engines for off-road motocross bikes as well as other suspension and chain torque advancements for bicycles and motorcycles. Hauling dirt bikes to racing events in the back of their pickup trucks, company engineers rigged up temporary bed extenders to keep chairs and other items from sliding out on the road when tailgates were down. What they did worked so well, AMP Research patented the idea and introduced it for 1998 - quickly becoming a supplier to vehicle manufacturers that offered the bed extenders as factory equipment. During the following decade, AMP Research pioneered power retracting running boards and has become a featured supplier to major automakers who use them as well. AMP Research is ISO 9001:2008 certified for best business practices in manufacturing and customer satisfaction, and their range of high-quality products is widely respected throughout the industry. CARiD is proud to offer the best values on the full AMP Research lineup of power retracting running boards, step pads, bed extenders, and all individual replacement parts at prices that can’t be beat.