Subaru WRX 2005, Small ID Heater Hose by Dayco®. This small diameter heater hose is manufactured with the knitted reinforcement and EPDM construction, which ensures exceptional durability and high resistance to temperature variations up to +257?F. For applications with a “quick-connect” end, the hose is built with a quick connect assembled onto it, which ensures easy and convenient installation.
- Designed to replace OEM coolant hose
- Constructed for applications that require molded hose in small diameters (1” I.D. or smaller)
- Carries the heated coolant from the engine block to the heater core and returns it to the engine
- Knitted reinforcement and EPDM construction to ensure maximum durability
- Resistant to temperature variations of -40F to +257F
- Meets SAE J20R3, Class D-1 requirements for improved reliable performance
- Meets Type EC electro-chemical requirements as specified in SAE J1684 to eliminate premature deterioration of the inner tube caused by electro-chemical degradation
- On applications so equipped, the quick connect is assembled onto the hose for easy and convenient installation
The engine develops considerable heat during operation. Some of this heat energy is used to propel the vehicle and some goes out the tailpipe, but the remainder is transferred to the metal parts of the engine. This heat must be removed or serious engine damage can result. To cool the engine, the fluid, known as the coolant, circulates through the engine absorbing the heat and releasing it to the air when passing through the radiator. The coolant is transported under the hood with the help of the coolant hoses.
The heater hoses are specially designed to carry the heated coolant from the engine block to the heater core under the dashboard and return it to the engine. These hoses should be checked regularly, and replaced at the first signs of wear or at regular intervals (4-5 years). This product by Dayco is specially designed to replace OEM coolant hose in applications that require molded hoses in small diameters (1” I.D. or smaller). With the knitted reinforcement and EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer (M-class) rubber) construction, the hose is highly durable and resistant to temperature variations of -40?F to +257?F, which means reliable, leak-free, and lasting performance.
A quick connect assembled onto the hose ensures easy and convenient installation, is provided for vehicles with a quick connect end. The product is designed to meet SAE J20R3, Class D-1 requirements for improved reliable performance and Type EC electro-chemical requirements as specified in SAE J1684 to eliminate premature deterioration of the inner tube caused by electro-chemical degradation.
Since 1905, Dayco has been a leader in the automotive parts manufacturing industry. During the early 1900s, Dayco was the first and only company manufacturing the airless tire. By the 1920s, the company had a robust tire manufacturing process in Dayton, Ohio for cars, large trucks and buses. From its founding to today, the company has followed its primary business strategy to anticipate and satisfy all the needs and requirements of its customers by providing innovative, quality, and durable products. Today its wide product line includes belts, tensioners, pulleys and hydraulics equipment for the automotive, construction, trucking, ATV, agricultural, snowmobile, and industrial markets.