Jeep Wrangler 2005, Conversion Knuckle by Reid Racing®. Quantity: 1 per Pack. The Reid Racing conversion knuckles are the cheapest and strongest way to adapt these axles to use early style Chevy & Jeep Dana 44 "outers". Early outers use tapered roller bearings, which eliminates the problematic unit bearings and allows standard lockout hubs to be used. Bigger brakes, more lug pattern options, and better aftermarket support come along as part of the conversion. The knuckles are also flat topped and predrilled for high steer arm use If you are looking to upgrade the steering system of your vehicle to make the most out of your vehicle’s performance, go with this high-grade steering part that is engineered to be second to none when it comes to exceeding OE specifications.
|Knuckle Material: Ductile iron|
|Knuckle Finish: Orange powdercoated|
- Uses stock pre-1987 Dana 44 Chevy or Jeep spindles, hubs, rotors, calipers, stub shafts, and lockouts
- Easy bolt-on installation with no machining required
- Aftermarket high strength stub shafts and lockouts can be used
- Eliminates wimpy non-serviceable unit bearings
- Adds conventional lockout hubs
- Better fuel economy and less wear and tear when in 2 wheel drive
- More lug patterns available including 5x5.5, 6x5.5, and 8x6.5
- Cast from high strength ductile iron
- Beefed up with extra material and ribbing
- Flat tops machined and drilled for high steer arms, all angle corrections milled directly into the knuckle
- Cast-in DUAL steering stops eliminate bent stop bolts that can cause u-joint and axle failures
- Tapered tie rod holes accept factory tie rod ends
- Tie rod holes can be drilled to accept 3/4" heim ends
- Powder coated bright orange for long lasting looks
- Machined to clear CTM u-joints without removing the grease fittings
What are the things you expect to get when driving a vehicle? For most drivers it’s outstanding performance, maximum comfort, precise handling and responsive steering. If you're striving to take your automobile to the next level and experience improved handling and enhanced road feel, the performance steering parts we have are the ultimate solution. The products have undergone severe tests under the most extreme conditions to ensure outstanding durability, as well as safe and smooth steering performance for many miles.
Reid Racing® was originally part of Dedenbear Products, the manufacturer of electronics and mechanical parts for drag racers. The two companies split in 2006 and Auto Meter Products purchased Dedenbear in 2007. Auto Meter has got under control the production of electronics, while Reid Racing has continued to manufacture cutting-edge transmission and off-road parts. Committed to providing the most advanced products on the market, Reid Racing has many inventions and patents, including delay boxes, throttle stops, SuperGlide transmission cases, and steering knuckles.