GMC Sierra with Flush Mount Tonneau Cover / without Tonneau Cover 2004, Safety Rack Cab Guard by BackRack®. BackRack's cab guard protectors mount to existing stake pockets at the front of your bed to protect your cab from damage caused by large, heavy cargo that may shift forward. For cargo such as small pipework, the "Safety Rack" comes with a welded criss-cross center grid to give you the most complete protection. Reinforced steel construction ensures high strength and rigidity, and a protective layer of black powder coat resists scratches, chips, and corrosion. Multiple light mounting brackets are available for both.
- Installation Kit (Required) Sold Separately
- Drill May Be Required (Depends on Hardwire Kit)
- Reinforced steel frame tubing offers maximum strength and rigidity
- Protects your truck's cab and rear window against impacts when cargo in your bed may slide forward
- Durable black powder coat finish provides a high level of protection from chips, scratches and corrosion
- Choose the "Safety Rack" cab protector with welded steel mesh for the highest level of protection from smaller cargo
- Brackets are available in multiple sizes and shapes for mounting of lights, sirens, antennas, cameras, and much more
- Frames use factory stake pockets for installation (some models may also require drilling into side bed walls)
- Purchase the Ladder Rack Rear Bar for carrying ladders and other gear too long to fit into the bed
- Adapter kits allow full compatibility with tonneau covers and tool boxes
- Installation may require removal of 1-piece hard bed liners
- All hardware pieces are zinc coated to provide resistance to corrosion
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
Carrying heavy debris, sharp-edged objects, branches, and other equipment in your pickup's bed can easily lead to damaged bodywork, a shattered rear window, and potential injury to cab occupants when a sudden stop causes cargo to slide forward and ram your rear window area. BackRack's "BackRack" and "Safety Rack" cab protectors offer a stylish solution to the "headache" of permanent dents and broken glass. Whichever you choose, a sturdy frame of 2-inch square tubing secures to your truck's stake pockets to form a wall of protection between the bed and cab. Choose the "BackRack" for high style, or the "Safety Rack" with a finer protective cage type mesh that blocks smaller objects from penetrating the cab.
In addition to providing armor-plated protection, the functionally elegant design of these cab racks does not impede side or rearward visibility for driver or passenger. Not only do these cab guards protect your truck from damage, their solid construction of reinforced steel keeps them free from dents as well. A durable layer of black powder coat created from baked ceramics surrounds all areas of the metal. The finish provides an extremely hard surface that's difficult to scratch or chip, and it effectively resists corrosion from the elements. Both cab protectors are available with adapter pieces that allow them to be mounted above the level of tonneau covers or tool boxes, and BackRack offers a variety of bracket pieces for mounting lights and other accessories to the racks easily. BackRack proudly manufactures all components in North America and backs them with a 1-year warranty against defects or corrosion.
Since the company’s earliest days, BackRack® has specialized in stylish products and accessories for pickup trucks, built with nothing less than the finest grade of stainless steel. With corporate headquarters and manufacturing based in Canada, BackRack also has United States operations in New York and California to ensure fast delivery and a quality customer experience. BackRack has relentlessly tested, refined, and improved every process of their engineering, construction, and quality control to ensure that eliminating waste and defects are how their products can be priced more competitively – not cost-cutting, and building a cheaper product.