GMC Sierra 2500 / Sierra 2500 HD 2004, Base Plate Kit by Blue Ox®. With Removable Attachment Tabs. The height from the ground to the bottom of the attachment tabs: 16-1/2". The distance from center to center of the attachment tabs: 32-1/4". Weight includes boxing: 27 lbs. Install time: 1 hrs. This strong and durable base plate kit is custom designed to fit your vehicle. The hidden reinforcements, along with the removable bracket arms, provide a clean, unobtrusive look when your car is not being towed.
- Requires some drilling (not major)
- Tow hooks must be removed and remain off the vehicle after installation
- The weight of this vehicle is near the Class III, 5000 lb, rating limitations. Some models, depending on options, may well exceed this 5000 lb rating. Be sure to confirm the weight of your individual vehicle before towing. As of 1999 the Aventa II is now rated at 10000 lbs and either the Aventa II or Alexus tow bar must be used for these applications. Tow bar adapters are not to be used with vehicles weighing over 5000 lbs
- Soft bottom edge of bumper must be compressed rearward about 1-1/2".
- Baseplates are custom designed for each vehicle, bolting directly into the chassis
- Requires no welding
- Uses as many attachment points as possible
- Baseplates are hidden beneath the vehicle body
- Most Blue Ox baseplates feature removable tabs that leave a clean look when the vehicle is not being towed
- All baseplates are backed by a 3-year limited warranty
- Ideal to make trailer towing safer and easier
- Made from the highest-quality materials to last for years to come
- Guaranteed to meet the highest standards of quality and durability
- Designed to withstand the toughest abuse
When it comes to towing, choosing a right trailer hitch that will meet your towing needs is the most important step to take. Whether you’re looking for an ideal solution to efficiently haul your loads without the worry of losing your cargo on the first sharp curve, this product is just what you can’t do without. With this top-of-the line trailer hitch that is designed to make towing simple, easy and safe, you can be sure that your cargo will stay safe no matter whether you set off for a little jaunt or go on a big trip. It is expertly crafted from top-grade materials using state-of-the-art equipment to provide exceptional rust and wear resistance needed to withstand the harshest conditions. Engineered to meet highest standards of quality and durability, this product is sure to deliver many years of reliable service.
Blue Ox® is known internationally for its quality towing products, from tow bars and baseplates, to steering control systems, supplementary brakes, carriers, weight distributing and gooseneck hitches and everything in between. With a product and accessory line as diverse as their customer base, Blue Ox has everything to meet your recreational or commercial needs.